We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Ribbon Control Windows 2000 Support

Hi, we have just realised that after developing our software using the syncfusion ribbon control that on a Windows 2000 the ribbon appears completely mangled and many of the ToolStripEx objects and buttons just disappear.

Is there something I need to do to make the syncfusion ribbon control display correctly on Windows 2000.

2 Replies

KG Kris Gandhi July 13, 2007 05:45 PM UTC

Hi, after more investigating we have found the problem is caused by using the ribbon control in a system running 256 colours or less. This problem also throws an exception and crashes the program. Can anything be done to resolve this please?

Thanks

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 16, 2007 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion products.

Issue 1:(ribbon appears completely mangled)
-------

We have identified this issue "Ribbon appears completely mangled" to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Issue 2:(This problem also throws an exception)
------

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. Please refer to the following steps that I tried to reproduce it.

1) Created a sample using the syncfusion ribbon control.

2) Run that application in system running 256 colors or less

3) No exception and crash

Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/64071/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon