We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DropDownCalendar Control

Hi,
I am currently evaluating the Essential Tools for ASP.NET suite. I'm running ASP.NET 2.0 and VS 2005 on Windows 2003 Server, a demo license for Syncfusion, and IE 6.0. I have a question concerning the DropDownCalendar control. I'm very confused about the way focus works with this control. I have two of these controls on a aspx page, one right after the other in tab order. Both of them are in Short Format mode. When I select the drop down for the first one, the calendar is displayed. I pick a date, the calendar closes, and the date is reflected in the text area as expected. Then, when I pick the drop down for the second calendar control, nothing happens. No calendar is displayed at all. It's almost like the first calendar control is still holding the focus. So then, as I'm clicking back and forth between the two control trying to get focus, I typically get a Internet Explorer dialog telling me that "a script is running very slowly. Do I want to abort?". When I click yes, I then see another dialog telling me that there is a "Stack Overflow at line 0". What am I doing wrong? Please let me know if you are able to repeat this at your end, and what can be done about this, as this will be unacceptable behavior for my customer.
Thanks,
Ted

3 Replies

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team July 12, 2007 01:05 PM UTC

Hi Ted,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We have identified this issue of "Error thrown when focus changes between two dropdowncalendars" to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to follow the incident #35580 in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

TK Ted Konkel July 12, 2007 02:50 PM UTC

Thanks for the quick response Ramya. While I’m on the subject of the DropDownCalendar control, I do have two other issues with it.

1)Suppose the control is down the page a bit, so that the user has to scroll to get to it. After a date is selected, the web page scroll is reset to be aligned at the bottom of the control. My question is, why does the web page scroll have to change at all? It’s a little disorienting for the user, and it seems unnecessary. It may be heresy to mention them in this forum, but Infragistics has a DatePicker which doesn’t touch the scroll bar at all. Is there a way to stop this behavior in your control?

2)The second issue is with the way the calendar is displayed. Suppose the control is at the bottom of the page and the user selects the drop down. The calendar then appears below the text field, the web page scroll adjusts upward, and the user has to scroll down to actually see the calendar. But as soon as they go to the scroll bar to scroll down, the control loses focus and the calendar controls resets to its default appearance. So you are right back where you started. Is there a way to make the calendar appear above the control’s text field, rather than below it? I think that would resolve the issue.
Thanks,
Ted

VA Valli Syncfusion Team July 13, 2007 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Ted,

We are able to reproduce the below 2 issues specified by you.

We believe that source level changes are needed to resolve this issue and we thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to follow the incident #35612 in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Valli.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon