We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How difficult it is to make the docking control right ?!

I have been using syncfusion for more than a year, from version 3.x to 5.x.

What I really need is just the docking feature in essential tools.

However, I've never seen any version without problem. It's funny that some bugs were fixed in one version and reappeared in the next version. I have no idea how the development works.

Actually the Version 5.1.0.51 seems to be the most stable one except that it has some problems loading and saving dock state. So I decided to upgrade to version 5.1.1.0 after I read the release notes. I haven't got a chance to test if the docking state bug is fixed in the latest version before I realized that the VS2005 style docking is not working on my Vista X64 box while the version 5.1.0.51 worked flawlessly.

3 Replies

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team July 13, 2007 01:39 PM UTC

Hi Qingjun,

Thank you for posting your query to us.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue which you have mentioned in the previous update.[Vista/64 bit].

I have created a simple sample to test this issue and its is available in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F63867/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
Rashidha.

QW Qingjun Wei July 14, 2007 02:17 AM UTC

Same problem.
On Vista X64 with 1920 * 1200 single monitor, the docking indicators disappear about 50% of time. Every time when I try to dock, whether or not I have the docking indicator depends on my luck and act of god.

I'm using an Open Source solution DockPanel Suite right now. It has MIT license so there's no restriction on commercial use. It has problems, too. But at least I can see the docking indicators unless I have dual monitor sometimes I can only see the indicators on one of them.

As end user I just want a working commodity that I can use. Without docking library I will still pay for my SyncFusion license because I still need the GridControl. But I'm very objective and I won't take it for granted that the paid product and service are always better than Open Source solutions. I will choice individual components that best suite my business, such as SyncFusion docking v.s. DockPanel, or SyncFusion chart v.s. ZedGraph.

Consistently making improvement is essential for your business. SyncFusion so far has done a very good job listening to customers. The reason why I'm willing to raise issues is because that I believe it's for the best interest of both parties.

I hope the programmers in your company are given 64 bit machines with Vista for development. If it works on X64 it will work on X86 but not vice versa. I can't see how the development is going to work out on 32 bit machines. If you guys are still using 32 bit machines for development I would say that's a management issue.

>Hi Qingjun,

Thank you for posting your query to us.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue which you have mentioned in the previous update.[Vista/64 bit].

I have created a simple sample to test this issue and its is available in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F63867/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
Rashidha.

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team July 16, 2007 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Qingjun,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I was able to reproduce the issue using the condition that you have mentioned here.

Could you please open a DirectTrac incident with regard to this with the Forum ID and Title of the Forum in the subject of the incident, so that we could log a bug report with regard to this issue and follow up you in the incident with the details regarding this defect.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Rashidha.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon