We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridControl BeforeSelect Event

Hi,

How to simulate the GridControl to have a BeforeSelect event for a cell or a row? like the BeforeSelect event in the TreeView Control, user can cancel the selection.

Many thanks.

Q

4 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 10, 2007 08:16 PM UTC

Hi Q,

There are Grid.Model.SelectionChanging(before selection) and Grid.Model.SelectionChanged(after selection) events that you can use to monitor changing selections.

Best Regards,
Haneef

QS Qingde Shi July 11, 2007 05:12 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I managed to make BeforeSelect event working. However, the SelectionChanged event was raised at least twice when using ArrorKey to change the selection. Any ideas about how to use SelectionChanged event only once no matter what is the selection change Reason?

Thanks,

Q

>Hi Q,

There are Grid.Model.SelectionChanging(before selection) and Grid.Model.SelectionChanged(after selection) events that you can use to monitor changing selections.

Best Regards,
Haneef

QS Qingde Shi July 12, 2007 02:01 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I kink of solved the problem by not using the change Reason but caching selected row index and check if selected row index changed.

Now I have another question. To use the GridListControl, do I have to set items by binding to DataSource? Can I do something like this, gridListControl.Items.Add(object value)? the Items property is null by defaut.

Thanks.

Q

>Hi Haneef,

I managed to make BeforeSelect event working. However, the SelectionChanged event was raised at least twice when using ArrorKey to change the selection. Any ideas about how to use SelectionChanged event only once no matter what is the selection change Reason?

Thanks,

Q

>Hi Q,

Best Regards,
Haneef

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 12, 2007 07:34 PM UTC

Hi Q,

You can set the DataSource property of the GridListControl to bind the datatable.If you want to see multiple column in a list then enable the MultiColumn property. Below is a code snippet

this.gridListControl1.MultiColumn = true;

this.gridListControl1.DataSource = this.dataSet11.Tables["Products"];

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon