We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Word Formfields collection and doc 2 html conversion

Hi,

Currently I'm using a word component from Aspose to do some document generation on a webserver. However, I would like to convert this logic to use the DocIO component because, although I only started using DocIO shortly, I'm already quite pleased with the Syncfusion support.

I'm using word templates and fill in the blanks. This should be easily converted to either find-and-replace or mailmerge from DocIO. However, most of these templates also contain Word fields (textboxes and checkboxes). With Aspose I'm able to loop through the collection of these fields and obtain their values and id's and it is also able to generate HTML of the document template. Combining this I have been able to generate HTML pages of the templates and having people fill in the textboxes, or check the checkboxes, as needed besides the automatically filled fields and so generate the final document, including fields that have been edited/filled in the client's browser.

I can't find anything in the documentation about the word fields objects collection and a conversion to HTML (including these form fields converted to html input boxes or checkboxes). Is this even possible, or will I be out of luck here? And if not, are you considering such a functionality in the DocIO component?

Thanks,
Rick

7 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 10, 2007 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Issue 1: (Word fields (textboxes and checkboxes)
-------

Thank you for bringing this feature to our attention. The word field’s objects collection support is a nice feature to have.

Thanks for suggesting this valuable feature of "word fields objects collection" to enhance our product. We have logged it as a feature request and notified our development team. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Issue 2: (Conversion to HTML)
------

Thank you for bringing this feature to our attention. The Conversion to HTML support is a nice feature to have.

Thanks for suggesting this valuable feature of Conversion to HTML support to enhance our product. We have already logged it as a feature request and notified our development team. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Thanks,
Melba

RL Rick Langevoort July 10, 2007 03:22 PM UTC

Ok, thanks, I will await the next release then.....

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team July 10, 2007 09:18 PM UTC

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your update.

We will update you once the feature is implemented.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Sarath

M M March 23, 2009 03:38 PM UTC

Using the evalution version of Syncfusion Essential Studio. When using the sample DocToHTML, I get extra line breaks in the output HTML file. Is there a way to export the doc file to HTML with the same line spacing as the word document has? I evaluated Aspose.Words and it exports the word document to HTML without extra spaces.
You have a very nice set of samples.
Have to make a buying decision. Please respond at your earliest.

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team March 24, 2009 01:51 PM UTC

Hi

Thank you for interest in Syncfusion products.

Our sales team will update the details regarding this. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team March 26, 2009 04:14 AM UTC

Hi,

Please find the details for your question "Line spacing issue when converting Doc to HTML".

I am able to reproduce the issue and this issue has been fixed and it will be available in our next weekly development build 7.2.0.8. Please refer the below link for weekly development build updates.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/build.aspx

Please download once it is available by next week and let us know if this helps you.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team March 26, 2009 04:15 AM UTC

Hi,

Please find the details for your question "Line spacing issue when converting Doc to HTML".

I am able to reproduce the issue and this issue has been fixed and it will be available in our next weekly development build 7.2.0.8. Please refer the below link for weekly development build updates.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/build.aspx

Please download once it is available by next week and let us know if this helps you.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon