We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

flat style ComboBoxAdv

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

63761 Jul 9,2007 02:41 PM Jul 11,2007 12:04 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: Tools
Ranu Gupta
Asked On July 9, 2007 02:41 PM

Hi,

I want to have a flat style combo box on my dialog forms. I am trying to create one using Sysncfusion ComboBoxAdv control. This control has DrawListPortion method for drawing drop down portion of a combo box. But this method provides access to the Edit Portion (through PaintEvenArgs’ ClipRectangle property) rather than drop down portion of the combo box. Is there anyway I could get access to the drop down portion so that I can draw my items in there?

Thanks,
Ranu

Rashidha F [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 10, 2007 10:35 AM

Hi Ranu,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

If your intention is to get access and customize to the drop down portion of the ComboBoxAdv means please use comboBoxAdv1_SelectionChangeCommitted event,DropDownButton property in your application.

Please refer the attached sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F63761/main.htm

The above sample which illustrates how to add a new comboBoxAdv item using comboBoxAdv1_SelectionChangeCommitted Event and use of DropDownButton property.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Rashidha.

Ranu Gupta
Replied On July 10, 2007 11:43 AM

Hi Rashidha,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

I think I didn’t explain my problem clearly. Actually, I want to draw some geometric figures in the drop down list. For example, instead of having ‘circle, square, triangle’ strings, I want to draw these figures in the list. When I use ComboBoxAdv.DrawListPortion(PaintEventArgs e) method, it draws the figures in the edit portion of the combo box. But these figures should appear in the drop down portion. How can I do that?

Thanks,
Ranu

Rashidha F [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 11, 2007 12:04 PM

Hi Ranu,

Thanks for the update.

Please refer the attached sample which illustrates how to display image near at comoboxItem.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F63761_1/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Rashidha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;