We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

bitmapnode ports

Hi, can anyone help me, i have a diagram that drags/drops images and they become bitmapnodes.My problem is that i cant get the bitmapnodes to display ports that i need for connecting lines to them, can anyone help

Regards:
Wicus

7 Replies

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team July 9, 2007 01:04 PM UTC

Hello Wicus,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I have tested adding of ports in the Diagram Samples\Quick Start\Drag Drop sample and it is working fine.

If your intention is to display the center port of the node, this is not possible in v5.1 of Essential Diagram. However you can view all the other ports that are being added to the node. Also please ensure that the Node.DrawPorts property is set with TRUE value in order to display the ports on the node.

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please explain me in detail, so that I can work in
depth and try to send a better solution?

Also please do let me know if you have any technical questions or I can be of any other assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Best Regards,
Meera.

Syncfusion, Inc.
http://www.syncfusion.com/

LM Lodewicus Moolman July 9, 2007 02:04 PM UTC

Hi Meera

Thanks for your help but i actually want the outer ports eg. leftport, rightport and so on, if you can help me i would be most greatful

thanks
Regards: Wicus

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team July 10, 2007 04:23 AM UTC

Hello Wicus,

Thanks for the update. As I have mentioned in the previous update, you can view all the other ports that are being added to a diagram node by setting the Node.DrawPorts to TRUE value. By default the DrawPorts has been set with TRUE value.

And you can add these ports at any point by setting desired value to OffSetX and OffSetY values.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. Please refer to the following steps that I tried to reproduce it with the Drag Drop sample.
1. Run the sample and drag and dropped the bitmap node into the diagram,

2. Added ports to the node using the Ports property in the property editor and set the OffSetX and OffSetY values for the ports.

Also I have created a sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link - http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F63730/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Best Regards,
Meera.

Syncfusion, Inc.

LM Lodewicus Moolman July 10, 2007 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Meera,

Thanks alot for all your help it all works but i had to make a few adjustments, i hav another problem though, every time i drag/drop a node then i get this exception :

Type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Port' in Assembly 'Syncfusion.Diagram.Base, Version=5.102.0.51, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' is not marked as serializable.

how will i get rid of it and what do i do to get rid of it

LM Lodewicus Moolman July 11, 2007 04:59 AM UTC

Hi Meera,

there was a mistake with my last post, the exception occurs when i click my save button.
The exception is on the savebinary

sorry for any confusion

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team July 11, 2007 05:10 AM UTC

Hello Wicus,

Thanks for the update. Are you using customized port(Connection Point) class in your application? If yes, please make sure that your custom port class is marked with the [Serializable()] attribute.

If you still finds any problem with this, could you please send me a small sample that is used to reproduce the issue? So that I can work in depth and try to send the solution soon.

Best Regards,
Meera.

Syncfusion, Inc.

LM Lodewicus Moolman July 11, 2007 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Meera,

Your help is very much appretiated ,i have what i need now so thanks alot.

Thanks alot

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon