We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

UploadBox and Ajax

I am using the UploadBox within an ajax UpdatePanel. But, whenever I upload the file, it fails to trigger the FileUploaded event. I have tried naming the procedure in the "OnFileUploaded" option in the aspx page, and also just handling it in the code behind. I just can't seem to catch it. Is there a problem using UploadBox with Ajax?

7 Replies

VA Valli Syncfusion Team July 9, 2007 07:35 AM UTC

Hi Kathy,

We have identified this issue of 'UploadBox not working when placed within the AJAX Update Panel', to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident with the title as 'Forum 63693 - UploadBox and Ajax' in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Regards,
Valli

JG Jeremy Giannosa February 20, 2008 06:47 PM UTC

Has this issue been resolved?
Is there a way to use asp:fileupload with a callback panel?

I am using 6.1.0.34

>Hi Kathy,

We have identified this issue of 'UploadBox not working when placed within the AJAX Update Panel', to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident with the title as 'Forum 63693 - UploadBox and Ajax' in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Regards,
Valli

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2008 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your patience.

Issue 1 : UploadBox within an Ajax UpdatePanel. But, whenever I upload the file, it fails to trigger the FileUploaded event.

I regret to let you know that the issue has not been fixed. We have notified our development team on this regard and will get back to you once we hear back from them. As we have mentioned already in th previous update, to facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident with the title as 'Forum 63693 - UploadBox and Ajax' in our incident database DirectTrac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Issue2 : Is there a way to use asp:fileupload with a callback panel?

Yes. You can able t o use the asp:fileupload with callback panel. But the page is refreshed during the upload button click, even when the file upload placed inside the callback panel. The issue mentioned here is suspected to be a defect and we have sent this to our development team for more analysis. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident with the title as 'Forum 63693 - asp:FileUpload with callback panel ' in our incident database DirectTrac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

I have created a simple sample to use asp:fileupload with callback panel:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.1.0.34/63932_Sample/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Vishnu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 4, 2008 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your patience.

The issue of 'UploadBox FileUploaded event is not fired when the UploadBox placed inside the Ajax update panel' has been confirmed as a defect and a defect report has been created. You can track the status of this defect in the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=9075

I will get back to you once this issue has been fixed.

Regards,
Manopriya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2008 05:25 AM UTC

Hi Kathy,

On further analysis we found that the issue of "UploadBox FileUploaded event is not fired when the UploadBox placed inside the Ajax update panel" is not a defect. FileUploaded event was not fired, because file was not uploaded. There is only one mechanism to implement file uploading - add html file input element inside a form element, select file(click file input browser button) and do form submit. Ajax updatePanel intercepts submit of form, and sends own asynchronous postback, so file can not be uploaded. Please refer below link for more details:

http://weblogs.asp.net/leftslipper/comments/2152610.aspx

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

ER Eric Rosenblum January 6, 2015 01:55 AM UTC

MS Muralishankar Sundaram Syncfusion Team January 30, 2015 08:40 AM UTC

Hi Eric,

We regret for the inconvenience.

Based on the forum discussion, we suggest you to use PostBackTrigger option of UpdatePanel control for triggering UploadBox events.

By assign ControID to PostBackTrigger property, we can trigger the corresponding server side event automatically. Please refer the below code snippet:

<code>

[ASPX]

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">

<ContentTemplate>

<syncfusion:UploadBox ID="upload1" runat="server" OnFileUploaded="upload_FileUploaded"></syncfusion:UploadBox>    

</ContentTemplate>              

<Triggers>

<asp:PostBackTrigger ControlID="upload1" />

</Triggers>

</asp:UpdatePanel>

</code>

We have prepared a simple sample to exhibit this behavior and it is available in the below link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/63693/WebApp-860950776.zip

Kindly try the sample and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Muralishankar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon