We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Data disapears on GridGroupControl after modifying in the designer

Hi,
I added a GridGroupControl and binding into Dataview. Run it works fine. Then I changed the size of the Grid on the Form & recompiled it & ran nothing is displayed in the grid. Is it something I need to set or it is a bug.

6 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 3, 2007 11:54 PM UTC

Hi Kiran,

Please try to provide us some more information on this issue. I tried to reproduce the issue, but couldn't. kindly provide us a minimal sample to reproduce the issue or modify any of our browser sample accordingly. This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Best regards,
Haneef

KG Kiran Guptha July 5, 2007 02:31 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,
Thanks for the prompt response. This is happening only with my application. I couldn't reproduce in test app.
Our app previously written in VS 2003. Recently moved it to VS2005. We are using DataGrid Control which has sorting issues so wanted to replace it will your syncfusion Conrol. First I did some analysis on GridDataBoundGrid but it has problem in reordering the Columns. When I move the Header to last column it disapears & Soring is not automatic. We have to manually code so I decided to use GridGroupControl but I don't know what is the problem.
My requirement is simple.
1. Want to show Read Only Grid
2. User wants to reoder the columns
3. user wants to Sort by column. When sorted the selected row should not change
4. User wants to add & remove the columns

Pls suggest me which is the bestGrid to use for this. I think GridControl don't have DataSource property to bind the DataTable directly.

Anyway I am attaching my Test app which depicts exactly how our app is loading the data. First I created it in 2003, then moved to 2005.

>Hi Kiran,

Please try to provide us some more information on this issue. I tried to reproduce the issue, but couldn't. kindly provide us a minimal sample to reproduce the issue or modify any of our browser sample accordingly. This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Best regards,
Haneef

testGrid10.zip

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 5, 2007 07:59 PM UTC

Hi Kiran,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We highly encourage you to use the GridGroupingControl. It supports OutLook-style grouping as well as true-nested hierarchical grids. It also supports the sorting, filtering and drag and drop functionality in a grid. Below are the response for your requirement.

1. Want to show Read Only Grid
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Try setting the TableDescriptor.AllowEdit to false. Code here:

this.grid.TableDescriptor.AllowEdit = false;

2. User wants to reoder the columns
3. user wants to Sort by column. When sorted the selected row should not change
4. User wants to add & remove the columns
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You can use the VisibleColumns property of the GridTableDescriptor to show / hide / move the columns in the grid. Below is a code snippet

//For hide the "Col0" column
this.grid.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Remove("Col0");

//For show the "Col0" column
this.grid.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Add("Col0");

//For move columns in a grid.
this.grid.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Move(1,2);

Below is a modified sample that shows this task.
ModifiedtestGrid1.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

KG Kiran Guptha July 5, 2007 08:23 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,
Thank u for the reply. I already coded all those things only thing I am stuck up with is the Data is not shown on the Grid for some reason, which I couldn't reproduce in test app. I will continue with me findings to get to the core of the problem. If I find I will elt u know. Again thanks for your valuable time & help.

-Kiran

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 5, 2007 08:37 PM UTC

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the update.I will wait to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Haneef

KG Kiran Guptha July 10, 2007 03:00 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,
I found the problem with the Grouping Grid. I have attached the test app for your referance.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Add Grouping Grid to Form
2. Bind to Dataview
3. Compile & run. Everything looks good
4. Create one User Control (Just add label or button)
5. Add the user Control next to Grid on the smae form
6. Run the app. Sometimes works fine.
7. Add some events to Group Grid
8. Compile & Run. Notice nothing is shown on the Grid.

We are planning to use this Grid extensively in our apps & I need fix for this as soon as possible. Pls let me know the time frame too

Thanks
-Kiran

testGrid11.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon