We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GroupingGridExcelConverterControl - Export the values as of Type Text

Hi ,

I am using the
converter.GroupingGridToExcel(aSelectedGrid, saveFileDialog.FileName, Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.ConverterOptions.Visible);
to export the values to an spread sheet . While exporting, one of the column value in gridgrouping control is lossing its format because of the excel property.

how can i fix this while exporting ?

for eg a value of '3073E0108 is exported as '3.073E+108'

Thanks,
Shiju

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 3, 2007 11:18 PM UTC

Hi Shiju,

Below is a forum that discuss with the simillar issue in a grid.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=42662

The ExportElement event has newly added in Essential Studio V5.1.In that event, you can customize the exported element from the grid. Below are the code snippet.

GroupingGridExcelConverterControl converter = new GroupingGridExcelConverterControl();
converter.ExportElement += new GroupingGridExcelConverterControl.GridExportElementEventHandler(converter_ExportElement);

void converter_ExportElement(object sender, GridExportElementEventArgs e)
{
Console.WriteLine(e.Element.Info);
Record rec = e.Element.GetRecord();
if (e.Element.Kind != DisplayElementKind.AddNewRecord
&& rec != null)
{
rec.SetValue("ParentName", "welcome");
}
}

Best regards,
Haneef

HY Harsh Yarlagadda October 12, 2011 09:48 PM UTC

The example does not show, how to retain the formatting. I have a groupinggrid control and I am using GroupingGridToExcel to export it to excel. I cannot use GridExcelConverterControl, since it does not export the hidden rows. I have numeric value formatted as Percentages and Currencies. How to retain this formatting while able to export all the hidden rows?

RB Ragamathulla B Syncfusion Team October 25, 2011 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Harsha,

We deeply regret for the delay,

Please let me know which version you are using which is helpful for us to have a closer look and provide you a better solution.

Appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Ragamathullah B.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon