We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Adding a new row to a datatable

Back to my question: I have a GridDataBoundGrid bound to a datatable: dtblParts, and in it I display the following columns: CategoryID, PartID, Price and Quantity. Price column gets populated based on my selection in CategoryID and PartID. What I want now is that when I put in a value for Quantity a TotalPrice to be calculated and displayed somewhere on the form. To do that I do have a routine that checks the number of rows datatable has. Here is the problem: the number of rows is: 0. This is the way I initiate a "New part " operation: dtblParts.rows.Clear dtblParts.NewRow grdParts.DataSource = dtblParts grdParts.Refresh Why when I start editing Quantity column my datatable does not have any rows, because I just added one. You have to click on the next blank row and back in to get a row added to the datatable. (I check to rows.Count property)

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2003 09:32 PM UTC

Instead of dtblParts.NewRow, try this code. dtblParts.Rows.Add(dtblParts.NewRow)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon