We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Parent class of property

Hi,

we have a GGC which is bound to a business object. Furthermore we have implemented a custom cell renderer for that object. Now consider the following class as the business object:

public class Test
{
private string m_Value;
public string StringValue
{
get; ...
set; ...
}

.... Further Functionallity ...
}

During the initialization of the grid we add several gridcolumndescriptor objects with mapping to the business datasource. So our "Test" class is bound via "Property_StringValue" the "_StringValue" is because of we want to bind to that property.

So in our OnInitialize method of our custom cell renderer we get the current cell value via:

Grid.Model[RowIndex, ColIndex].CellValue

and this is of course of type string (because the StringValue property is of type string). Now how can I find out to which this nested property belongs -> In our example I want to get the corresponding parent object ("Test" class).

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Tom

1 Reply

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 2, 2007 08:01 PM UTC

Hi Tom,

How can I find out to which this nested property belongs?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You can try these code :

GridTableControl tc = this.Grid as GridTableControl;
Type type = tc.TableDescriptor.Fields["Test_StirngProperty"].GetParentFieldDescriptor().FieldPropertyType;
Console.WriteLine("Property Type=" + type);

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon