We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Grouping problem

I have a gridgroupingcontrol that allows user to drag a column header to group by those columns.

How do I change the backcolor of this group drop area, i.e the row with the label "Drag a column here to group by that column"

Right before the label with the text "Drag a column here to group by that column" there is the text "Table1". I'd like to get rid of this text also.

5 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 28, 2007 07:24 PM UTC

Hi Nedu,

1)How do I change the backcolor of this group drop area, i.e the row with the label "Drag a column here to group by that column"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Below is a forum thread that discuss with the similar issue.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=18850

2)Right before the label with the text "Drag a column here to group by that column" there is the text "Table1". I'd like to get rid of this text also.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Use the DragColumnHeaderText property of the GridGroupDropArea to change the group drop area text in a grouping grid. Here is a code snippet.

this.grid.GridGroupDropArea.DragColumnHeaderText = String.Empty;//For Hide the text.

Best regards,
Haneef

CH Chinedu June 28, 2007 08:20 PM UTC

thanks a million for the prompt reply and help...as usual Haneef, you always come thru.

Thanks a million

CH Chinedu June 28, 2007 08:28 PM UTC

A little problem Haneef,

The "Table1" part of the text shows up when data is loaded into the grid.

So on Startup, the grid shows the text I want by use of the code snippet.
GridGroupDropArea.DragColumnHeaderText =
"My new string here";

But once data is loaded into the Grid, it puts the text "Table1" before my preferred text in the dragdrop area

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 28, 2007 09:03 PM UTC

Hi Nedu,

The GroupDropArea of the GridGroupingControl, is a collection of GridControls internally with columns in a panel named GroupDropPanel. These columns can be formatted using the PrepareViewStyleInfo event for each of the grids in the GroupDropArea. Below is a code snippet to show this task.

private void ParentTable_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if (e.ColIndex == 2 && e.RowIndex == 2)
{
e.Style.Text = "New TableDescriptor Name";
e.Style.Font.Bold = true;
e.Style.BackColor = Color.YellowGreen;
e.Style.TextColor = Color.Blue;
e.Style.CellType = "Static";
e.Style.HorizontalAlignment = GridHorizontalAlignment.Left;
e.Style.Enabled = false;
}
}