We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SourceListChangeEvent

Hi,

I am using GGC. Grid has binded to the EntityCollection and group columns are unbound. When my Data Source i.e Entity collection is modified i.e new record is added to the entity then My Grids SourceListListChanged event is raised.
But in the grid new grouping record is not get displayed..instead a blank row is displayed. When I open the screen again then those group rows are displayed properly. Please see attached image.
The solution i found is I have to call grid.Reinitialize() method in grid's SourceListListChanged event then group row is displayed properly...
This problem has started suddenly earlier group rows used to display properly.
Please can you help me in solving this problem why i am getting blank group row...? Should i have to do any changes in my entity collection framework..?

GGC13.zip

3 Replies

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team July 2, 2007 04:58 AM UTC

Hi Harshad,

Thank you for your screenshot.

You can handle the SourceListListChanged event and set the e.ShouldResetCurrentRecord to true.

private void gridGroupingControl1_SourceListListChanged(object sender, Syncfusion.Grouping.TableListChangedEventArgs e)
{
e.ShouldResetCurrentRecord = true;
}

Kindly let us know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

HA Harshad July 4, 2007 01:18 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. but This solution doesnt work. Actully problem is reflecting group & summary rows on change of Datasource. If there is new row at record level then it display in the grid. but if data source is get modified to have new grouping row then grouping rows doesnt reflect in grid automatically and Just blank white row appear. After grid.Reinitialize method called, group row(group caption summary row)displayed properly in the grid.
please give some pointer to solve this. I dont want to Reinitialize grid because it then collapse all the groups and takes time

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 4, 2007 05:55 PM UTC

Hi Harshad,

Below is a forum thread that discuss with the similar issue.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=62630

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon