We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

dragging and dropping

Hi,
Can someone please help me simulate a drag and drop that excutes some code when you drop an icon into a drop panel. To be more clear, what I am trying to do is create one column of icons and another column which represents the drop zone. When I click on an icon and drag it to the drop zone, I want it to fire a function for that icon. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 Reply

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team June 29, 2007 12:01 AM UTC

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products,

1) The DrapDrop sample that comes along with our installs will demonstrate the drag drop functionality and it can be found at the following path,

C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.1.0\Windows\Diagram.Windows\Samples\2.0\Quick Start\DragDrop\cs

2) When a new node is added notification can be made with the help of Dragdrop event handler of diagram it can be used to associatie properties to the node when it is been added,

private void diagram1_DragDrop(object sender, DragEventArgs e)
{

MessageBox.Show("New Node added");

}

Kindly take a look and let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Ajish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon