We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TabControlAdv Behavior

Dear Hanif,

Hello again, please tell me how to make the tab control behavior consistent, when using tab primitives.

When tab primitives are used, trying renaming the tab page, shows white background, particularly when the tab page or some of its portion lies behind the tab primitives. I have also attached the .avi file for demonstration.

Please, also, tell me what event to handle when typing a character during renaming a tab page, so that a user can be restricted typing long names for tab pages.

Regards
Imran Nazir.

TabControlDemo.zip

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 26, 2007 03:53 AM UTC

Hi Imran,

Thanks for the .avi file. When renaming the tab page the white background is not displayed if the ThemesEnabled property of the tab page is set to True. It is possible to restrict the length of names for tab pages using the AfterEdit and LabelEditTextChanged events. I have attached a sample that illustrates this.

Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/62899/Main.htm

MI Mirza Imran Nazir June 26, 2007 08:43 AM UTC

Hi Ebenezer

Thanks for your reply, I have enabled the themes on each tab page but was unable to rectify the problem of invisible text while tab primitives are used.

Please see the attached sample to examine this.

As far as name length is concerned, I have done the same thing as in your provided sample, but what I actually want to do is to check the length while renaming (on typing any key - as in Microsoft Excel).

May I hope that you have a clear idea of what I want to do?

Regards
Imran Nazir

TestsAndSamples.zip

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team June 26, 2007 02:34 PM UTC

Hi Imran,

We can check the length of the tab text while renaming it using the KeyDown event of TabControlAdv.

I have modified the sample you have given and attached it. Please have a look at it and let me know if this helps you.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/f62899/Main.htm

Best regards,
Golda

MI Mirza Imran Nazir June 27, 2007 07:06 AM UTC

Hi Golda

So nice of you and thanks a lot. Your modifications are really working. The only thing need to be handled now is to adjust the width of the tab according to the tab name.
I hope I can handle it.

Thanks again

Imran Nazir

MI Mirza Imran Nazir June 27, 2007 07:06 AM UTC

Hi Golda

So nice of you and thanks a lot. Your modifications are really working. The only thing need to be handled now is to adjust the width of the tab according to the tab name.
I hope I can handle it.

Thanks again

Imran Nazir

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team June 28, 2007 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Imran,

When the Multiline property of the TabControlAdv is set to true, all the tabs will be visible as well as the tab width will be adjusted according to the tab text.

I have attached a sample that illustrates the same. Please have a look at it and let me know if this meets your requirement.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F62899_1/Main.htm

Best regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon