We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Lots of problems with ContextPrompt

Hi,

I'm really struggling with the ContextPrompt. The user's guide claimed that I can initiate the ContextPrompt with either the XML config or the code editControl1.ShowContextPrompt(). Neither method worked for me. I have attached a sample which implements both of these methods without success.
The nature of my project prevents me from using an entire pair of parenthesis, "()" as a trigger, as shown in the sample, so please let me know if there's a way I can get the is to work.

thanks,

Frank

ContextPrompt2.zip

4 Replies

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team June 21, 2007 10:53 PM UTC

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Thanks a lot for the sample you have sent. It is possible to trigger ContextPrompt with begin block set to open parenthesis using XML config. This is achieved by using IsComplex property to true. This property should be set to true when making use of complex xmlType. Please refer the following XML code snippet to do so;

[C#]

I have modified the sample program you sent. Here is the sample program for your reference.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Edit//main.htm

Please check it out and let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,
Sarath

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team June 21, 2007 10:59 PM UTC

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Thanks a lot for the sample you have sent. It is possible to trigger ContextPrompt with begin block set to open parenthesis using XML config. This is achieved by using

IsComplex property to true. This property should be set to true when making use of complex xmlType. Please refer the following XML code snippet to do so;

[XML]

I have modified the sample program you sent. Here is the sample program for your reference.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Edit/F-62771/main.htm

Please check it out and let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,
Sarath

FZ Frank Zhang June 22, 2007 07:21 PM UTC

Thanks, that worked out welled. Is there also a trick to the ShowContextPrompt() function?

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team June 22, 2007 09:11 PM UTC

Hi Frank,

Glad to know it works. Thanks for the update. Please let me know for any other queries.

Regards,
Sarath

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon