We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Displaying custom validation message

I am using the event TableControlCurrentCellErrorMessage on a grid GroupingControl to display Message Boxes with custom error messages.That works fine for most validations like invalid value for DateTime or Int16 etc.But for null value errors or range violations a message box appears with text -
"Save Record : null values not allowed in " .The code I am working on takes the name of the table at runtime . Therefore i do not know the name of the colmn during compile time .
How can i display the same message box but with custom error message.
As mentioned in one of your other threads
i tried using the event TableControlCurrentCellValidating but that disables ur default validations if i build my custome validation in it.
The objective is to use the already built in validations (null and range violations)but with a different message text. How do i achieve this?

1 Reply

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 21, 2007 05:45 PM UTC

Hi Anchit,

If you wan to catch the exception then, you need to handle the Table.ExceptionRaised event and set e.Cancel to true. Here is a code snippet

ggc.Table.ExceptionRaised += new Syncfusion.Grouping.ExceptionRaisedEventHandler(Table_ExceptionRaised);
void Table_ExceptionRaised(object sender, Syncfusion.Grouping.ExceptionRaisedEventArgs e)
{
e.Cancel = true;
}

Below is a forum thread that shows this task.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=55049

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon