We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Upgrading from V2.0.5

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or documents that I could read prior to performing an upgrade to the latest version of Syncfusion. I am using v2.0.5 and when I tried upgrading to v4.x, I encountered numerous licensing issues - it was a real fiasco that I would like to avoid this time.

Best regards,

Tim

4 Replies

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team June 22, 2007 12:25 AM UTC

Hi Tim,

The preferred way to upgrade to new version is to uninstall prior versions of Essential studio and make a manual check that system does not contain any Syncfusion assemblies in GAC and public assemblies folders. Also delete the old installation files if any present in installed location.

Now install the v4.x Essential studio with the given key.

The Readme file will give you the details about the modification in the licenses.licx file.

Please follow the below steps to run the existing application:

1) Before opening the application delete the bin and obj folders and temporary files.

2) Use the converter resx utility from Start --> All Programs --> Syncfusion --> Essential Studio 4.x.x.x --> Utilities --> migration -> to convert the resx file to new version 4.x.x.x.

3) Open the application, in the solution explorer. Right click and view the properties of all the Syncfusion DLLs in the references folder. The version property will be pointing to the new version 4.x.x.x and the ''SpecifcVersion'' property should be set to false.

4) Recompile and run the project.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Ramu

TS Tim Stevens June 22, 2007 09:15 PM UTC

Thanks Ramu! I will try your suggestions.

Tim

>Hi Tim,

The preferred way to upgrade to new version is to uninstall prior versions of Essential studio and make a manual check that system does not contain any Syncfusion assemblies in GAC and public assemblies folders. Also delete the old installation files if any present in installed location.

The Readme file will give you the details about the modification in the licenses.licx file.

1) Before opening the application delete the bin and obj folders and temporary files.

2) Use the converter resx utility from Start --> All Programs --> Syncfusion --> Essential Studio 4.x.x.x --> Utilities --> migration -> to convert the resx file to new version 4.x.x.x.

3) Open the application, in the solution explorer. Right click and view the properties of all the Syncfusion DLLs in the references folder. The version property will be pointing to the new version 4.x.x.x and the 'SpecifcVersion' property should be set to false.

Regards,
Ramu

TS Tim Stevens June 25, 2007 01:12 AM UTC

Hi Ramu, I want to upgrade to V5.1. I followed your suggestions and am encountering licensing errors as I had previously encountered before. I have created a help ticket in direct-trac for this. Anyway, my question/problem is this - the design of the solution that comprises my application includes 11 individual VB.NET projects. For whatever reason, the programming staff that originally developed the application included a directory named syncfusion\assemblies which is where each project references the syncfusion assemblies. I went into each project and in the reference path I deleted the reference to this directory and added a reference to the directory where Syncfusion is installed. However, the references to the actual Syncfusion assemblies is still to the Syncfusion\Assemblies directory that the original developers created - not to the actual location where the new Syncfusion assemblies have been installed.

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have with regard to how to resolve this problem.

Tim

>Thanks Ramu! I will try your suggestions.

Tim

>Hi Tim,

3) Open the application, in the solution explorer. Right click and view the properties of all the Syncfusion DLLs in the references folder. The version property will be pointing to the new version 4.x.x.x and the 'SpecifcVersion' property should be set to false.

Regards,
Ramu

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team June 26, 2007 07:14 PM UTC

Hi Tim,

Could you please let me know the Direct trac incident that you have created for this forum?

Thanks,
Ramu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon