We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Problem adding new records in GGC

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

62645 Jun 19,2007 05:14 PM Jun 20,2007 04:08 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Doug
Asked On June 19, 2007 05:14 PM

On version 4.4.0.51

I'm having a problem adding new records to a nested table in the GridGroupingControl if there are no pre-existing records in the nested table.

The new record row appears as expected, but the first key stroke in cell in that row briefly appears then disappears. If you continue, the values are accepted, but when you press enter, the new row disappears.

This can be demonstrated in the Syncfusion sample, "RelatedMasterDetails" (project name, ManualRelations). In the form1.cs file, change line 145 to:

private int numberGrandChildRows = 0;

Run the project, and try to add a new row in the GrandChild table anywhere in the hierarchy.

haneefm [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 19, 2007 07:40 PM

Hi Doug,

I have tested the attached sample to reproduce this issue in Essential Grid 4.4 with Ms.Net 2.0, but could not get this. Maybe I am not adopting the steps that you are doing. kindly provide me a small sample to reproduce the issue or modify attached sample accordingly. This will help me to analyze the issue further.

Here is a sample.
ManualRelations_2005.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

Doug
Replied On June 20, 2007 09:49 AM

I am also using version 4.4.0.51 and .NET 2.0, and I see the same problem in the sample you posted.

Run the sample, as-is.

Select the GrandChildID cell in the grand child new record row, and type a "1", which appears briefly then cell blanks out, and switches out of edit mode

Note: that the row indicator does not change from a star to a pencil icon.

Reselect the GrandChildID cell (since it is no longer in text box mode) and type a "1" again. Now the value stays, and the row indicator changes to a pencil.

Click or tab over to the Name column of the same row, and type in anything. Press and the row and new values disappear as the row changes back to "Add new" mode. The values just entered are not found anywhere in the grid.

Doug

Doug
Replied On June 20, 2007 04:08 PM

Here's a video of your sample running, showing the problem. It follows the steps outlined above.

Doug

GGC_newRowProblem.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;