We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Html editing

Hi.

I need control very much like RichTextBox. The catch is i need it to load, edit and save in html format. Formatting options would be very limited. No pictures, links, frames and other stuff besided basic formatting.

I intend to load & save this html string from database so it would be ideal if I could get/set html formatted text through a property.

So, can you give me an example of this functionality? Is it easy or hard to implement?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team June 20, 2007 11:43 PM UTC

Hi Srdjan,

I am working on this issue and will update you in next 24 hours.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Ramu

SR Srdjan June 21, 2007 07:01 AM UTC

Thank you, I'm looking forward to your example.

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team June 22, 2007 11:33 PM UTC

Hi Srdjan,

In the HTMLUI control, we expose all the HTML elements, their positions, properties, methods and events. With these, it is possible to handle end user actions and change according to it in the HTML document.

However, I am afraid, HTMLUI will not be able to edit the HTML document on it, in the design view itself. We are yet to include some additional features that would make the implementation of an editor on top of HTMLUI easier, based on your extensive feedback. We will try to implement them at the earliest.

Please have a look at the sample and let me if you are looking for a sample like HTMLUIEditor.

([installed drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\[version]\Windows\HTMLUI.Windows\Samples\HTML Renderer\HTMLUIEditor)

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Thanks for your interest in the Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Ramu

SR Srdjan June 26, 2007 09:43 AM UTC

Thanks for your response.

RichTextBox is all I need to provide my users with Formatting bar. The thing is that control outputs input in rtf format which is not readable nor portable for other uses.

You have Essential Edit package which supports editing with formatting. Can this be useful to me? Can it output html?

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team June 26, 2007 11:04 PM UTC

Hi Srdjan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Essential Edit has the ability to export its contents and its associated syntax highlighting information into HTML, XML or RTF formats. This allows the user to share the text associated

with Essential Edit along with its rich attributes such as syntax highlighting, line numbers, underlines and many such useful features in universally accepted formats like HTML, XML and RTF. Essential Edit has SaveAsXML, SaveAsRTF and SaveAsHTML methods for this purpose. Here is the sample for your reference which explains this criteria.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Edit/F-62620_1/main.htm

Also, Essential Edit is capable of providing HTML, RTF and XMLsource code for generating these documents using methods like GetTextAsHTML, GetTextAsRTF and GetTextAsXML.

Here is the sample for your reference which explains this criteria.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Edit/F-62620_2/main.htm

Please let me know for further help.

Regards,
Sarath

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon