We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

FilterBar issue - new records show in grid, but their values are missing from dropdown

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

62562 Jun 18,2007 05:02 PM UTC Jun 19,2007 12:45 PM UTC WinForms 2
Tags: GridControl
Dave Wilkins
Asked On June 18, 2007 05:02 PM UTC

Thanks for your help to this point. I have a new issue: When a new record is added to my DataTable (from a callback not from user interaction), any new column values do not appear as choices in the filterbar drop down.

If I unwire and then wire the bar, they do appear. Do I need to add value for new records to the filterbar explicitly or should the filterbar be monitoring and handling this.

BTW, here's an example of the code that adds a new record to the DataTable.

row = this.ordersDataSet.Orders.NewOrdersRow();
this.ordersDataSet.Orders.Rows.Add(row);
this.PopulateRow(ref row, order); // My method to stuff the row from an order object.

The row appears in the DBG, but the drop downs do not reflect any new values.

Saravanan A [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 18, 2007 09:44 PM UTC

Hi DW,

You can achieve this by dynamically updating the datasource of filterbar's comboboxes when the data gets updated in the grid's DataSource.

Please refer to this sample.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F62562/main.htm

It updates the FilterBar's datasource when the data is being updated in the grid's datasource programmatically.

Best Regards,
Saravanan

Dave Wilkins
Replied On June 19, 2007 12:45 PM UTC

Saravanan,

Thanks very much for the example and your time. It is what I was looking for.

DW

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;