We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking manager gives error when i close docked control

Hi,
When i close a docked control on my docking manager and try disposing my control in the dock visibility changing event thrown by the docking manager, i get the fllowing error after all the disposing has been taken care of in my code. aditionally i make sure i set dockingmanager.setenabledocking for the control to false.
the error is this :
(System.NullReferenceException) - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

the stack trace is this:
Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.CloseController()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.HandleMouseUpImp(MouseButtons button, Point pt)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()

could u please throw some light on why u think this could be happening. is there a standard way of disabling a control on dockingManager.

My syncfusion version is 4.1.0.50

2 Replies

AM Anisha Menon June 19, 2007 07:31 PM UTC

how rude.....
yes i realize there are similar queries in the forum, but they werent getting the same error as me.
I expected some kind of reply.

JA JayaLakshmi Syncfusion Team June 25, 2007 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Anisha,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

It will be very helpful if you povide us a sample of illustrating the issue that would help us to find the solution soon.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon