We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Docking manager gives error when i close docked control

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

62559 Jun 18,2007 04:01 PM UTC Jun 25,2007 10:49 AM UTC WinForms 2
Tags: Tools
Anisha Menon
Asked On June 18, 2007 04:01 PM UTC

Hi,
When i close a docked control on my docking manager and try disposing my control in the dock visibility changing event thrown by the docking manager, i get the fllowing error after all the disposing has been taken care of in my code. aditionally i make sure i set dockingmanager.setenabledocking for the control to false.
the error is this :
(System.NullReferenceException) - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

the stack trace is this:
Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.CloseController()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.HandleMouseUpImp(MouseButtons button, Point pt)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()

could u please throw some light on why u think this could be happening. is there a standard way of disabling a control on dockingManager.

My syncfusion version is 4.1.0.50

Anisha Menon
Replied On June 19, 2007 07:31 PM UTC

how rude.....
yes i realize there are similar queries in the forum, but they werent getting the same error as me.
I expected some kind of reply.

JayaLakshmi [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 25, 2007 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Anisha,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

It will be very helpful if you povide us a sample of illustrating the issue that would help us to find the solution soon.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Jaya

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;