We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Treeview Template mapping

Hi,
I am currently evaluating Essential Tools for ASP.NET. I'm particularly interested in the TreeView, as I think it could help me with the display and manipulation of XML data. I can't get the Template feature working, however.
Suppose I have XML like this:

Picasso

Now suppose my aspx file has the following code:

So I want to associate a template to the binding for Node1 from the XML, and I want that template to take the "name" attribute of Node1 and have that displayed in the TreeView as a templatized label. But I don't know how to establish the mapping between "name" and the Label's Text value. I checked the forums and the Knowledge base, with no luck. Can you help?
Thanks,
Ted

1 Reply

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team June 19, 2007 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Ted,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The xml file that is to be binded to the TreeView control should be created in a specific format as mentioned in the documentation link provided below and only certain properties can used while binding data to the treeview. The Properties available for databinding can be viewed by rightclicking on the TreeView in designtime and choosing Edit TreeViewNode Databindings... .

Documentation Link:
http://www2.syncfusion.com/ug/Default.aspx##Essential%20Studio.chm/ToolsWeb/XmlBinding.html

Also kindly refer the XMLDataBinding(Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.0.51\Web\tools.web\Samples\2.0\TreePackage\TreeView- Advanced Features\XMLDataBinding) sample which ships with our Essential Tools Product Package to know how a treeview can be created by binding a xml file to it.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon