We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Controlling Refresh/Paint - General Q

After updating a grid control, I'm having difficulty hiding the repaint (sic) visual effect. If I implement .SuspendLayout() on the control and .ResumeLayout() it appears to help but not much....

3 Replies

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team July 18, 2002 09:47 AM UTC

Try calling gridControl.BeginUpdate prior to your updates, and then GridControl1.EndUpdate after your updates to see if this helps.

SH Sam Horton July 22, 2002 01:45 PM UTC

> Try calling gridControl.BeginUpdate prior to your updates, and then GridControl1.EndUpdate after your updates to see if this helps. Perfect! Thank you, Clay!!

SH Sam Horton July 22, 2002 01:58 PM UTC

> Try calling gridControl.BeginUpdate prior to your updates, and then GridControl1.EndUpdate after your updates to see if this helps. FWIW, here's what I have in total.... When applying formats only this sequence seems to work best: gridControl.BeginUpdate() . . [change formats] . . gridConrolRefresh() gridControl.EndUpdate() When the entire grid is repopulated with new data, column names, orders and formats, this sequence works quite well: gridControl.BeginUpdate() gridControl.ReadOnly = False gridControl.Cols.RestoreFrozen() gridControl.ColCount = 0 gridControl.RowCount = 0 gridControl.UpdateScrollBars() . . [apply all new data/headers/formats] . . gridConrolRefresh() gridControl.EndUpdate() Very snappy. Nice control. :>

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon