We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Called GridFilterBar.WireGrid but Wired property remains false (?)

I have the example app (FilterBarGrid) running and it works as intended. In my application, the filter bar does not appear.

When I check the filterBar object immediately after the WireGrid call, its state has not changed and, in particular, "Wired" is still false.

Since I see no mention of this in the forum archives, I've got to believe that I'm doing something real dumb. I don't have the grid source code, so I can't see what's causing the failure to wire (no debug messages are emitted, either).

???

2 Replies

DW Dave Wilkins June 15, 2007 06:03 PM UTC

Here's an update that might draw your interest.

While I still don't have the filtering working completely, I am now able to get the WireGrid to work. I did this by resetting the DataSource directly to the DataTable instead of the BindingSource wrapper that is forced by the designer.

Hopefully, I'll be able to retain the other functionality that IS working with the BindingSource, but it is a little goofy to have to do this. Is there some way to get the GridFilterBar working with the BindingSource?

>I have the example app (FilterBarGrid) running and it works as intended. In my application, the filter bar does not appear.

When I check the filterBar object immediately after the WireGrid call, its state has not changed and, in particular, "Wired" is still false.

Since I see no mention of this in the forum archives, I've got to believe that I'm doing something real dumb. I don't have the grid source code, so I can't see what's causing the failure to wire (no debug messages are emitted, either).

???

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team June 15, 2007 07:04 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

There has been no change in respect to the filtering on an arbitrary IBindingList/Collection(bindingSource). We still don't support it.

As far as implementing the UI, there is not much difference between setting things up for a DataTable and a IBindingList. The problem is, once you have the desired filter requirements, how do you apply them to an arbitrary IBindingList object. In a DataTable, it is done through the DataTable.DefaultView.RowFilter property. This does all the work, all you have to do is set it. For arbitrary IBindingList, you would have to somehow do this same type of thing, ie. prepare a 2nd list that only holds items from the first list that satisfy the filter, and then set this as the grid's datasource. The DataTable uses DefaulView to play the role of this second list. So, in your filterbar, you could have to maintain a defaultview list for your IBindingList.

Also, minimally, I think your IBindingList would have to support IBindingList.Find and maybe IBindingList.Sort to have all the pieces come together. You need to use GridGroupingControl if you need this feature. Please check the below browser sample shipped with the product.

\\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.0.51\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\FiltersAndExpressions\FilterBar

Please let us know if you need any further information.
Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Have a nice time.
Regards,
Rajagopal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon