We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Row Height of last row when selected

Hello,

I have a problem adjusting the height of a row via mouse: Is the last row completley selected and i want to change its height via mouse, the mouse cursor does not change to the 'height adjust cursor', but goes straight to the 'drag and drop' cursor, so that i cant adjust the height.
Are there any suggestions how to get around that behavior, so that i m able to adjust its height via mouse?

Thanks,
Martin Schulz

3 Replies

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team June 19, 2007 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Martin,

By default, the Windows Forms GridGroupingControl does not support rows with individual rowheights. To get this support, you need to add a custom GridEngine as in the ResizableRows browser sample[My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.0.51\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\FeatureSamples\ResizableRows].

The ResizableRows browser sample also shows you how to implement the IGridRowHeight interface and its routines for getting and setting row heights for elements.

Please refer the output screenshot of the ResizableRows browser sample:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F62460/main.htm

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

MS Martin Schulz June 22, 2007 08:43 AM UTC

Hi,

sorry for not beeing detailed enough, but i think you got me wrong.

So I use a Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.GridControl
For easy reproduce: an empty Form just with one GridControl inside - lets say the GridControl has 5 columns and 5 rows. Now I Run the Form, selecting e.g. 2nd row completley by clicking on the very left colum (row number column). So trying here now to adjust the row height via Mouse works perfectley, also in this scenario it works very well adjusting the last row height via mouse (2nd row was still selected). Now select the last row by clicking on the row number column in cell '5' - so last row is selected and at this point it is not possible anymore to adjust the height of the last row by mouse.
Hope I made it more clear now and you ll have some suggestions to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance
best regards
Martin Schulz

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team June 27, 2007 07:01 AM UTC

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your update and details.

Reason
Essential Grid uses a MouseController architecture to manage mouse actions. If you highlight a selection range, and place the cursor on a border, you get a Drag & Drop cursor. Also if you move over a grid cell border, you get a cursor for sizing. This Drag and Drop cursor overlaps the sizing cursor causes the issue.

Solution
You can avoid this by turn off the OleDataSource flag in the ControllerOptions .

his.gridControl1.ControllerOptions = this.gridControl1.ControllerOptions & ~GridControllerOptions.OleDataSource;

Here is the video file:
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ResizeRows_8609e8a3.zip

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.

Note:
Please post your queries under Grid(Windows Forms) Forums to get immediate reply. Here is the link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/forum.aspx?&ForumID=6

Best Regards,
Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon