We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SplashControl strange behavior

I am using a splashControl (sc) on a form to display an image spalsh screen.
1- I set the SC AutoMode=False; ShowAnimation=True; HostFormWindowState=Normal

2- In the hostForm's load event;
Me.splashControl.HideHostForm = True
Me.splashControl.ShowSplash(False)

3-In SC's SplashClosed event;
If Not Logon() Then
Me.Close()
End If
where Logon() calls a logon dialog.

The behavior is that the HostForm stays hidden (although I can see its icon in ALT-TAB). If I set the property HostFormWindowState=Maximized then the hostForm does display Max after the Logon dialog.

3 Replies

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team June 15, 2007 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Omar,

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue of hostform being hidden after the dialog is closed when the HostFormWindowState property of the SplashControl is set to Normal.

Could you please modify the sample so that the issue could be reproduced? This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F62420/Main.htm

Best regards,
Golda

OS Omar Shraim June 17, 2007 04:49 PM UTC

Thank your response. I downloaded your sample code and faced the following behavior when I run the sample inside VS and also when I run the resulting EXE independently.

1- Build the project to build the EXE
2- open a windows explorer window and minimize it. If you have any other open windows then minimize them all
3- use Run to run the EXE build in step 1
4- after the splash screen is displayed, click OK in the dialog
5- the main screen does NOT appear BUT if you use ALT+TAB you can see its icon in the list of running programs
6- Maximize (or Restore) the windows-explorer window you opened in step-2 and then minimize it again
7- Magically... the main form now appears !!

>Hi Omar,

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue of hostform being hidden after the dialog is closed when the HostFormWindowState property of the SplashControl is set to Normal.

Could you please modify the sample so that the issue could be reproduced? This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F62420/Main.htm

Best regards,
Golda

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team June 18, 2007 02:37 PM UTC

Hi Omar,

I am able to reproduce the issue of host form of the SplashControl not being visible when any window is minimized after the SplashControl is displayed.

Could you please create a Direct-Trac incident in this regard so that we could give more details regarding the fix?

Best regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon