We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

symbol overlaping

I am refering the OrgLayout sample inside Diagram.web to display something like organization chart. But sometimes the symbol will overlaps. Any solution?

diagram_renderer.zip

3 Replies

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team June 13, 2007 12:49 PM UTC

Hello Ly,

If your intension is to increase the horizontal spacing between the layout nodes in order to avoid the overlapping, please use some large value to the Layout manager's HoriZontalSpacing property. Below is the sample code snippet for your reference.

Orglayout sample :

protected DirectedTreeLayoutManager dtLayoutMgr;

this.dtLayoutMgr = new DirectedTreeLayoutManager();
this.dtLayoutMgr.HorizontalSpacing = 100;

Please let me know whether this helps you.

Thanks and Regards,
Meera.

LY Lai Yong Law June 14, 2007 06:38 AM UTC

Still the same problem. I think the HorizontalSpacing value actually not being use inside the layout manager.

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team June 15, 2007 12:33 PM UTC

Hello Ly,

I have tried setting different values for the LayoutManager.HorizontalSpacing and it is affecting the spacing between the layout and so I was not able to reproduce the issue. Below is the sample code snippet( from the My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.0.51\Web\diagram.web\Samples\2.0\OrgLayout\CS sample) for your reference.

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if (this.IsPostBack == false)
{
this.dtLayoutMgr = new DirectedTreeLayoutManager();
this.dtLayoutMgr.VerticalSpacing = 40;
this.dtLayoutMgr.HorizontalSpacing = 100;
this.DiagramWebControl1.LayoutManager = this.dtLayoutMgr;

//Initialize the DiagramWebControl with employee data from an XML data file
this.InitializeDiagramFromXMLData();
//... code here
}
}

Are you using anything specific in your LayoutManager? If possible could you please send me the sample to see the problem if you still find any issues with this.

Thanks for your continued support.

Best Regards,
Meera.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon