We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Model.ColHiddenEntries not getting updated

Hi

When I remove a databound grid column at design time, the index in the Model.ColHiddenEntries is not getting updated so when i try to traverse GridColHidden through the Model.ColHiddenEntries I get an exception. Could you please help me out with this.

Regards,
Anika

5 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 13, 2007 08:23 PM UTC

Hi Anika,

Try using the Binder.InternalColumns property to loop through all coumns in a grid and let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Haneef

AK Anika kapoor June 14, 2007 02:18 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I am still getting the Index out of range error since the ColHiddenEntries is not getting updated.

Thanks
Anika

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 14, 2007 03:43 PM UTC

Hi Anika,

Thank you for your update.

I am not sure of what be might be causing this strange behavior without a working sample. Is it possible for you to upload us a minimal sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Best regards,
Haneef

AK Anika kapoor June 15, 2007 01:15 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I have fixed it by manually clearing the ColHiddenEntries and re-entering the updated index for the hidden columns.

But i am another fix, I have filter wired to the grid so when I dynamically add columns i unwire it and rewire it after addition of new column, butthe filters are not getting wired to the new column added can you suggest some solution for this.

Regards,
Anika

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 15, 2007 05:44 PM UTC

Hi Anika,

You need to unwire the filterbar from the grid when you modify the datasource and wire(or reassign) it again after the datasource for the grid is modified. Here is an attached sample seems to work fine by unwiring the grid and rewiring it again without any issues. Could you please give more details on this issue to make this much clearer?

Sample : Grid_Filterbar.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon