We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Changing the Link Connection

Hi, I have three Symbols two of them are connected with each other. Is there any way to stop the user to change the connection? I mean to say when the user tries to change the connection of the link there a message box should be appear or user should not be allowed to do so. I know the solution of

Link.EditStyle.AllowSelect = true;

Please give me any other solution. I will be thabkful to u.
regards

1 Reply

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team June 13, 2007 12:47 PM UTC

Hello Faheem,

If you are using v4.4 of Essential Diagram, you can restrict the connection from being moved by calling the Diagram.Model.ConnectionChanging event and cancelling the action. Below is the sample code snippet that shows the above informations.

this.diagram1.Model.ConnectionsChanging += new ConnectionCollectionEventHandler(Model_ConnectionsChanging);

void Model_ConnectionsChanging(object sender, ConnectionCollectionEventArgs evtArgs)
{
if (evtArgs.ChangeType == CollectionExChangeType.Remove)
{
MessageBox.Show(" Connection has been changed");
evtArgs.Cancel = true;
}
}

Or if you are using v5.1 of Essential Diagram, there is a known issue with moving the endpoint of the connection. Please post a new DT incident to get the details about the issue status.

Thanks for using Essential Diagram.

Best Regards,
Meera.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon