We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

fancytooltip

chart series can have these fancy tooltips that show the data at given points on the curve as you move the mouse. i am trying to figure out how to format the text that shows in the tooltip... could not find it in the docs, and could not figure it out from the source (after 15 minutes of looking around). please give me a pointer...

6 Replies

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 13, 2007 06:41 AM UTC

Hi Kamen,

Thanks for using syncfusion products.

Thanks for suggesting this valuable feature of "Add Fancytooltip format support in chart Control" to enhance our product. We have logged it as a feature request and notified our development team. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Rashidha.

KY Kamen Yotov June 13, 2007 02:49 PM UTC

i did not suggest a new feature. it is already there. i just can't figure out how to make it work the way i want... can you please look into it?

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 14, 2007 07:53 AM UTC

Hi Kamen,

By default Fancytooltip displayed series name and chart point as a tooltip.

For more details please refer the following method in your source project.

private string GetTextForToolTip( ChartSeries series, ChartPoint pt )--[Chart.Base\ToolBar\ChartFancyToolTipController.cs.]

Please have a look at the attached sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F62283/main.htm

The above sample displayed Seriesname and chartpoint values as a Fancytooltip.

Please let me know if you have any more queries.

Regards,
Rashidha.

KY Kamen Yotov June 14, 2007 05:35 PM UTC

the example you sent, facny tooltip is not affected by the change of format.

i really want to use fancy tooltip, as oppsed to the regular one. it is more responsive, etc.

i just need a way to change its format... something along the lines of how you change format of the regular tooltip.

is this possible?

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 15, 2007 11:51 AM UTC

Hi Kamen,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am afraid that this feature is not currently supported by our chart. We have already logged a feature request in this regards. We will let you know once it is implemented.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Rashidha.

KY Kamen Yotov September 17, 2007 08:38 PM UTC

Actually, it seems that your product supports the functionality, but it is not exposed to the end user. I used some reflection which allowed me to access it (although it is not exposed). I am posting it here for the benefit of others who might be looking for it...

FieldInfo fi = chart.GetType().GetField("chartFancyToolTipControl",
BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.NonPublic);
cfttctrl = (ChartFancyToolTipController)fi.GetValue(chart);
cfttctrl.TextFormat += new ChartTextFormatEventHendler(c_TextFormat);
}

void c_TextFormat(object sender, ChartTextFormatEventArgs e)
{
e.Text = string.Format("{0:dd MMM yyyy}{1:0.000}", e.Point.DateX, e.Point.YValues[0]);
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon