We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

border of symbol on series

i am plotting a line series with a symbol (say circle). i have managed to set the color of the line and the inside of the circle, but don't seem to be able to figure out how to change the color of the outline of the circle... can you please give me a pointer?

7 Replies

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 13, 2007 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Kamen,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

You can achieve your requirements using the below property in chartcontrol.

The following code snippet which illustrates how to change the border color of the Symbol.

this.chartControl1.Series[0].Style.Symbol.Marker.LineInfo.Color = Color.Yellow;

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

This is known issue, Could you please open a DirectTrac incident with regard to this with the Forum ID and Title of the Forum in the subject of the incident, so that we could log a bug report with regard to this issue and follow up you in the incident with the details regarding this defect.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Rashidha.

KY Kamen Yotov June 13, 2007 02:53 PM UTC

the code snipped you suggest is something i have already tried. i tried again and it does not do what i need... the border is still black after including this code.

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 14, 2007 04:13 AM UTC

Hi Kamen,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

This is known issue, Could you please open a DirectTrac incident with regard to this with the Forum ID and Title of the Forum in the subject of the incident, so that we could log a bug report with regard to this issue and follow up you in the incident with the details regarding this defect.

Regards,
Rashidha.

KY Kamen Yotov June 14, 2007 09:58 AM UTC

i have already opened a direct-trac issue (as you suggested). in your first reply you also provided a code snippet which made me think that there is a workaround...

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 14, 2007 01:22 PM UTC

Hi Kamen,

Thanks for created a new Direct-Trac incident in this regards.

We will sent you the necessary information through Direct-Trac.

Regards,
Rashdiha.

KY Kamen Yotov June 16, 2007 04:58 AM UTC

i have posted the following in direct trac, but wanted to make sure you have seen it, so that you can help future requests with this info...

here it goes:
------------------------------------

ok,
i spent some time debugging your code, and it seems that the outer border of the symbol shape is not taken from the marker linecap, etc. properties... at this point i have come up with the following code, which solves my problem, without changes to your codebase.

ChartBordersInfo cbi = new ChartBordersInfo();
cbi.Outer = new ChartBorder(ChartBorderStyle.Solid, );
chart.Series[i].Style.ElementBorders = cbi;

so as far as i am concerned, this issue is not of importance to me any more. i was hoping i did not have to spend the 1-2 hours to debug and come up with the code above, but well...

as a side note, i would really like to know what the marker is as a concept. in my head marker and symbol are the same things when it comes to charts. can you please clarify the difference for me?

thanks,
kamen

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 18, 2007 10:03 AM UTC

Hi Kamen,

We glad to hear that this issue has been resolved on your side.

We have already replied to your queries through DirectTrac. Could you please follow up on that incident and reply us through the DirectTrace if you have any more queries in this regards.

Regards,
Rashidha.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon