We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Adding multiple Grid Summary Column Descriptors

Hi,

I want to add multiple Grid Summary Column Descriptors to the GGC. I also want to set custom row Header text for the same.

Any ideas?

Regards,
NBaua

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 12, 2007 06:27 PM UTC

Hi Nhilesh,

Issue 1 : Multiple SummaryColumnDescriptor:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You can add multiple GridSummaryColumnDescriptor elements to one GridSummaryRowDescriptor. The GridSummaryColumnDescriptor.DisplayColumn property lets you specify under which column the summary should be displayed in the grid. GridSummaryColumnDescriptor elements that are added to the same row descriptor will be shown in the same row. Please refer to the \Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.1.0\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Summaries\Summary Tutorial browser sample and let me know if this helps.

Here is a forum thread that shows you "How to show multiple summaryrow at the very top or bottom of grid?".
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=48942

Issue 2: RowHeaderText
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You can handle the QueryCellStyleInfo event to set the text in a RowHeaderCell. Here is a code snippet

private void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if( e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.RecordRowHeaderCell
|| e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.AlternateRecordRowHeaderCell)
{
e.Style.CellType = "Static";
e.Style.Text = "R1";
}
}

Best regards,
Haneef

NB Nhilesh Baua June 13, 2007 06:14 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I am in need of something like of structure attached in the word document. Sorry there is no image editor I can use, so I have illustrated my requirement through a word table with the description. Hope this clears the doubt I have with your help as usual.

Thanks in advance.

ComplexHeaders.zip

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 13, 2007 08:40 PM UTC

Hi Nhilesh,

You would have to derive the GridEngine and add an extra row header set up through the custom section above and below the the column header. Please refer this forum thread and let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon