We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

More MultiColumnComboBox issues

Hello,

During the 5.x beta I posted this issue:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=59183

It has been fixed in the current release.

Now a couple more bugs, or at least a seeming deviation from 4.x behavior.

If you assign the datasource of a MCCB BEFORE its parent form is shown the SelectedIndexChanged event seems to get called extra times and the text displayed in the textbox is incorrect ("System.Data.DataRowView" is displayed). This occurs even if explicitly setting a selected index after the datasource is changed.

However, if you wait to assign the datasource until after the parent form is shown (by overriding OnShown or using a public property after Show() is called) actual row data is displayed, BUT from the WRONG ROW even if an index is explicitly set.

I've attached a project that demonstrates this behavior.

Please let me know if additional clarification is need, or if my approach/assumptions are incorrect to begin with.

Keith

VS 2005 (8.0.50727-7600)
Syncfusion 5.1.0.51

ComboBoxTest2.zip

1 Reply

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team June 7, 2007 10:48 PM UTC

Hi Keith,

This could be resolved by setting the SelectedIndex property at Form_Load event or fire multiColumnComboBox1_DataSourceChanged manually at Form_Load event.

[Code]
private void Form2_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if (this.multiColumnComboBox1.DataSource != null)
{
this.multiColumnComboBox1.SelectedIndex = 1;
}
}

Please refer to the code snippet and let me know if it helps you.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon