We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl - navigating child records with the arrow keys

Hello - I have a parent table where some of the records have child rows in an associated child table. This is similar to the 'RecordCollapseEvents_CS' example project that is on another post.

The up/down arrow keys work fine if all of the parent records are collapsed - either key navigates through the records up or down. The problem is when I expand one or more of the parent rows to show their child rows. This produces some strange behavior - namely that the "child" rows are skipped over when pushing the up/down arrow keys. I cannot seem to navigate to the child rows at all using the up/down arrow keys.

I would be happy to provide a simple example if you need it, please let me know. Thanks for your time.

7 Replies

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team June 7, 2007 07:03 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

I am not able to reproduce this problem here in any of our samples. Navigating to the childrecords from the parent records through the arrow keys works fine without any issues. I have attached a small video file and a sample showing this. Please check them out from the below download link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F62055/main.htm

Are you seeing this issue in the above mentioned sample? Please let us know.

Regards,
Rajagopal

DB Dave Busch June 9, 2007 12:45 PM UTC

Thanks for the quick response! The problem is that I changed the grid to only select one row, and highlight that row (not individual cell selection.) I changed two things:

1) this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = System.Windows.Forms.SelectionMode.One;

2) Added an event - 'TableControlCurrentCellActivating'

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellActivating(object sender, GridTableControlCurrentCellActivatingEventArgs e)
{
//Whole row selection
e.Inner.ColIndex = 0;
}

This is causing the same behavior I am seeing in my grid - please see that attached sample.

Thanks again!

>Hi Dave,

I am not able to reproduce this problem here in any of our samples. Navigating to the childrecords from the parent records through the arrow keys works fine without any issues. I have attached a small video file and a sample showing this. Please check them out from the below download link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F62055/main.htm

Are you seeing this issue in the above mentioned sample? Please let us know.

Regards,
Rajagopal

GGC_Navigation_NEW.zip

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team June 12, 2007 10:37 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

The code in the TableControlCurrentCellActivating was causing the problem. Instead, you can use the below property settings to achieve the whole row selection.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.One;
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions = GridListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions.HideCurrentCell;

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.
Have a nice time.

Regards,
Rajagopal

DB Dave Busch June 14, 2007 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Rajagopal,

This solution does not work at all - the "HideCurrentCell" value does NOT even exist! There are three choices for the 'GridListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions' enumeration:

-MoveCurrentCellWithMouse
-None
-WhiteCurrentCell

Is this the correct enumeration, and which value is the one I need to use? I selected the "WhiterCurrentCell" and it does not work - the "whole row selection" does not work.

Can you please see my example (attached above), and tell me what I need to change to get this to work? Or, if you could just make the changes in that project and send it back to me, that would be very helpful. Thanks for your time!

>Hi Dave,

The code in the TableControlCurrentCellActivating was causing the problem. Instead, you can use the below property settings to achieve the whole row selection.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.One;
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions = GridListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions.HideCurrentCell;

Have a nice time.

Regards,
Rajagopal

DB Dave Busch June 14, 2007 01:28 PM UTC

Actually Rajagopal, this seems to allow me to select the entire row, and use the arrow keys to navigate, but I am now allowed to "click inside" of the cells within the row - which is a problem. The original code I had within the "TableControlCurrentCellActivating" event was prohibiting users from doing this. How can I add this to your solution?

>Hi Rajagopal,

This solution does not work at all - the "HideCurrentCell" value does NOT even exist! There are three choices for the 'GridListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions' enumeration:

-MoveCurrentCellWithMouse
-None
-WhiteCurrentCell

Is this the correct enumeration, and which value is the one I need to use? I selected the "WhiterCurrentCell" and it does not work - the "whole row selection" does not work.

Can you please see my example (attached above), and tell me what I need to change to get this to work? Or, if you could just make the changes in that project and send it back to me, that would be very helpful. Thanks for your time!

>Hi Dave,

Have a nice time.

Regards,
Rajagopal

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team June 14, 2007 08:07 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

Please check the modified sample below that works as intended.

Here is the sample download link
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F_62055/main.htm

Regards,
Rajagopal

DB Dave Busch July 7, 2007 03:16 PM UTC

Hi Rajagopal,

I have just now gotten to this issue and your sample works EXACTLY as I need. Thank you so much!

>Hi Dave,

Please check the modified sample below that works as intended.

Here is the sample download link
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F_62055/main.htm

Regards,
Rajagopal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon