We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Mouse Based Zooming

Hello,
In Zooming and Scrolling chart.windows sample, user ,by the mouse movement, can mark an area on the chart and the area is zoomed.
Is it possible to do so on diagram?
Is there a sample (VB.net)for this?

Thanks,

Mayer

15 Replies

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team June 6, 2007 02:45 PM UTC

Hello Mayer,

We will look into your query and will get back to you on this on tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Meera.

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team June 6, 2007 02:50 PM UTC

Hello Mayer,

We will look into your query and will get back to you on this on tomorrow.

Regards,
Meera.

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team June 7, 2007 11:49 AM UTC

Hello Mayer,

You can scroll the diagram view using the mouse by clicking the diagram and moving the mouse wheel. And at present Diagram does not provide support for Zooming with the mouse drag on the diagram control. However if your intension is to zoom the diagram nodes using mouse, you can do this by using the Overview control that is shipped with the Essential Diagram.

The Essential Diagram Overview Control provides a perspective view of a diagram model and allows users to dynamically pan and zoom diagrams. The control features a viewport window that can be moved and/or resized using the mouse at runtime to correspondingly modify the diagrams origin and magnification properties.

Please refer the Diagram Samples/Quick Start/Over View sample that demonstrates how to use Overview control (Zoom and Pan Overview Window )in Essential Diagram and let me know if you have any more questions regarding this.

Thanks,
Meera.

MB Meir Bezalel June 7, 2007 02:01 PM UTC

Hello Meera,

Thanks but I think my question wasn't so clear.
I'm sorry for misunderstanding.
I'll try to explain my question again:
I found two passibilities in Syncfusion Diagram samples for zooming:
1. Overview sample works with viewport(OverviewControl), the option you mentioned.
2. Diagram Samples-->QuickStart-->Printing sample works with ToolBarButton.name = "ZoomTool" as follows:
rightclick zooms in and leftclick zooms out (or vice versa)

What I need is an ability to drag the mouse over a particular area on the diagram in order to Zoom In the area.
Dragging the mouse draws a transparent rectangle on the area where user wants to zoom (enlarge).
This feature works in the folowing Syncfusion sample:
Chart Samples-->Zooming and Scrolling-->KeyAndMouseZoomingSample_2005 project

My question:
Is it possible and if yes how can I implement this exact zoom feature (not by viewport)?

Thanks,

Mayer

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team June 8, 2007 07:30 AM UTC

Hello Mayer,

Thanks for the details. And as I have informed you in the previous update, at present Diagram does not provide support for Zooming while drag the mouse over a particular area on the diagram in order to Zoom In the area.

Thanks for suggesting this valuable feature of " Zooming while drag the mouse over a particular area on the diagram in order to Zoom In the area" to enhance our product. We have logged it as a feature request and notified our development team. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Best Regards,
Meera.

MB Meir Bezalel June 10, 2007 09:52 AM UTC

Hello Meera,
Although the feature is not supported, I would like to implement it somehow.
1. Would you please explain to me how the Printing Sample Zooming option works?
I mean, does it zoom the entire diagram regardless of mouse click location?
2. Is there any VB.Net code that sombody wrote for zooming which can help me to start coding this feature?

I'll appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks,

Mayer

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team June 12, 2007 10:58 AM UTC

Hello Mayer,

I am sorry about this delay in responding. Please find my response provided below on your queries.

1. Would you please explain to me how the Printing Sample Zooming option works?

(a) While the Zoom tool is inaction, if you click on diagram, the Zoom Tool's ProcessMouseUp() method gets called and based on the button click(left button click or right button click), the Zoom In and Zoom Out operations are performed. This is done by setting the value to the Controller.View.Magnification property with the Zoom Tool class SetMagnification() method which gets called from the ProcessMouseUp() method.

2. Is there any VB.Net code that somebody wrote for zooming which can help me to start coding this feature?

I am afraid that, implementing this feature at the application level is somewhat a tedious process. However the basic idea for doing this would be customizing the select tool and set the desired value to the Controller.View.Magnification property within the custom select tools class ProcessMouseUp(0 method. Also you need to provide a suitable implementation in such a way that the diagram view gets scrolled to the zoomed are automatically. You can do this by setting the suitable value to the Controller.View.Origin property within the ProcessMouseUp() method.

I have created a simple sample that shows how to customize the select tool and how to set the Magnification property within the custom select tool's ProcessMouseUp() method. You can get the sample from the following link - http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F62013_June12/main.htm

P.S : You may need to implement your own code implementation in order to achieve the exact mouse based zooming functionality as mentioned in above statements.

I hope the above information will help you to get start with. Please look into the C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\5.1.0.51\Windows\Diagram.Windows\Src\Tools\Zoom Tool class if you want to get any more details.

Thanks for your continued support to Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Meera.

MB Meir Bezalel June 12, 2007 11:55 AM UTC

Thank you very much Meera.
I'm sure your explanation and the sample will help.
Mayer

MB Meir Bezalel June 12, 2007 02:11 PM UTC

Hello Meera,

First of all, I've to say, I'm very satisfy of the Syncfusion's support (your support) and I'll be happy to use your product.

Unfortunately my boss, the company owner, doesn't agree with the idea of developing the zoom by myself.
From his point of view, mouse based zooming is a must which the tool, Syncfusion, should provide.

On the other hand, Our graphical part of project scheduled to be completed until end of September 2007.
It means, we can wait until 15th September 2007 to this feature.

In our previous discussion, you mentioned the following "hope":
"We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases."

What my boss wants me to ask you is:
Can Syncfusion promise to develop this feature in 3 months (until middle of September)?

If the answer is no, I afraid my company might consider not to continue developing with Syncfusion tools (which I hope this won't be happened).

Thanks,

Mayer

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team June 13, 2007 12:49 PM UTC

Hello Mayer,

Thanks for your appreciation :-). I have forwarded your query and asked for the details about this. I will get back to you on this within this week or by Monday.

Regards,
Meera.

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team June 19, 2007 01:41 PM UTC

Hello Mayer,

I am sorry about this delay in responding. We have discussed about this feature request. And we will be implementing this mouse based zooming feature only after the upcoming release. And hence this will not be available in the upcoming release of the Essential Diagram.

Please let me know if you have any more question regarding this.

Thank you suggesting the valuable feature.

Best Regards,
Meera.

MB Meir Bezalel June 20, 2007 05:14 AM UTC

Hello Meera,

Would you please give me a date when this feature will be available?

Thanks,

Mayer

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team June 20, 2007 12:56 PM UTC

Hello Mayer,

As I have mentioned in one of my earlier update, we usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity and hence we can't provide you the exact time frame to implement this feature. However we will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Thanks and Regards,
Meera.

WS Witold Slirz April 30, 2010 07:20 AM UTC

Guys, have you implemented this feature?

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 4, 2010 06:03 AM UTC

Hi Witold,

We are glad to let you know that this feature has been implemented and it is available in our latest versions.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon