We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Multiple row header (group)

Hi Haneef, another thingy i need help with..:)

is there a way to make another row header on the top
where i'm gonna group certain column headers beneath it that i want to group, as example in the attachement:

thanx..p.s. black dots represent header text..:)

8 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 5, 2007 09:32 PM UTC

Hi Mario,

You would have to derive the GridEngine and add an extra row header set up through the custom section above and below the the column header. Please refer this forum thread and let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Haneef

M. m.n.m,n.mn June 7, 2007 06:24 PM UTC

>Hi Mario,

You would have to derive the GridEngine and add an extra row header set up through the custom section above and below the the column header. Please refer this forum thread and let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Haneef

Thanx Haneef, i figured it out...

VH Vicko Hazdovac June 11, 2007 01:44 PM UTC

Hi i need the same thing, and this example is rather useful, but there is one problem

if I use the CustomEngine from the example it sets the properties application-wide (basically every GridGrouping control has the extra row with above the column headers)

how can I determine which control in my application will display the extra section and which won't?

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 11, 2007 03:27 PM UTC

Hi Vicko,

To localize GridEngineFactory, you need to pass the GridEngine object to the GroupingControl constructor in Form''''s IntializeComponet method . Here is a code snippet.

//To apply the Custom Engine to the grid...
this.gridGroupingControl1 = new GridGroupingControl( new CustomGroupingEngineFactory().CreateEngine() );

//For normal grid...
this.gridGroupingControl1 = new GridGroupingControl();

Please refer the below forum thread for more detail.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=46314

Best regards,
Haneef

VH Vicko Hazdovac June 12, 2007 10:23 AM UTC

This kinda works... but I have a problem with it :)

the thing is... I've created my gridGroupingControl through the designer. And then I changed the constructor in the Form.Designer.cs

And it worked - but now every time I view the actual designer it replaces my code with the default constructor :
this.gridGroupingControl1 = new GridGroupingControl();

how can I solve this ?
Or is there another way to do this without using a different constructor?

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 12, 2007 07:46 PM UTC

Hi Vicko,

You would have to derive the GridGroupingControl and override the default constructor. Here is a code snippet to show this.

public class MyGrid : GridGroupingControl
{
public MyGrid() : base(new CustomGroupingEngineFactory().CreateEngine())
{
}
}

Best regards,
Haneef

VH Vicko Hazdovac June 13, 2007 09:50 AM UTC

hmmmmm... well that's a problem because I already have derived gridgroupingcontrol and customized it.

Now I just need to be able to decide when to have grouped headers and when not. If I derive my derived class it will unnecessarily complicate the entire project and create code redundancy.

Is there no easier way to use grouped headers, or to say the designer to use the other constructor?

This is very important so please get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you.

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 13, 2007 11:02 PM UTC

Hi Vicko,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. There is no built-in support for this. Right now, you can manually specify the parameter GroupingGrid constructor whenever open the form designer in a project. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon