We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Drag Copy

I'm trying to start a dragenter and capture the starting cells value and coordinates, then build a range and highlight the cells as I dragover them. At dragDrop I want the starting cell value to populate all of the cells in the range with the same value. Just like Excel has, I don't want it to copy the value to the cells until the drop so the user can go up and down the column to expand and contract the range prior to the drop.

2 Replies

RV Randy VondrakNO longer coding .NET June 5, 2007 02:37 PM UTC

More to the point I guess I wanted to know if anyone had some examples of how to handle the dragover. I need to first off to have the selection frame appear on a drag rather than just on a selection and then secondly build the range then populate the selection. i can capture the data from the cell and build a range but can't populate selected cells nor show the selection frame around what is in the range.

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 5, 2007 10:49 PM UTC

Hi Randy,

To catch this utility, the ExcelMarkerMouseController from the ExcelSelectionMarker sample can be used which, enables dragging at the bottom right corner of a cell and on release you can get the affected cell range. At this point you have to affect copying into the range using whatever algorithm you want to use to fill the expanded range. Below is a forum thread that talk about the similar event.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=23046

Best regards.
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon