We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

How to arrange nodes automatically?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

61829 Jun 2,2007 08:43 AM Jun 4,2007 02:25 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Diagram
Olga
Asked On June 2, 2007 08:43 AM

Hi,
Is it possible to rearrange some how the nodes and connections between them automatically for the best representation of the nodes?

Meera Fathima [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 4, 2007 02:25 AM

Hello Olga,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

If your intension is to arrange the diagram nodes in some manner automatically, you can use any one of the layout manager that are shipped with the Essential Diagram.

Referring to the samples under the Diagram Samples\Layout managers section will help you how to use diagram layout manager.

Essential Diagram also offers a layout dialog editor which can be used to easily apply different layout mechanism on the diagram nodes at runtime. This is demonstrated in the Diagram samples\In Depth\Diagram Builder sample. Please click Actions/Layout Nodes menu option to open the layout dialog editor.

Also I have attached a sample that uses Directed Tree Layout Manager to arrange the nodes. You can download the sample from the following link - http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F61829/main.htm

Sample Details :

1. Clicking the "Add Member" toolbar button will let you add a new employee node.

2. Clicking the "Link" toolbar button will let you draw directed connector line between two nodes.

3. Clicking the "Update Layout" toolbar button will arrange the nodes automatically that are added to the diagram.

4. Clicking the "Auto Layout" button will arrange the nodes automatically while it is being added.(i.e.) If you set the LayoutManager.AutoLayout property to True value, it automatically arranges the nodes while it is being added to the diagram.

I hope the above details are helpful to you. Please refer the diagram documentation Over View\Layout section if you want any more details regarding the Layout Manager or just let me know your questions. We will provide you the details.

Best Regards,
Meera.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;