We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Big user controls are not available

When I use grid with big number of rows and just one column and put user control containing some textboxes, checkboxes, buttons e.t.c. in each row, sometimes when control is in the top or in the bottom of form and not wholed placed on the form when i click on the cell it doesn't become active and control is not focused.

Why can I fix this issue?

1 Reply

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 1, 2007 07:01 PM UTC

Hi Hanna,

You need to create a custom celltype. It requires a model class and a renderer class. The model class handles the serialization requirements for the control and creates the renderer class. The renderer class handles the UI requirements of the cell. In that reandere class you need to override the OnDraw method to draw required image in a cell. Right now you can look for the custom cells ( C:\Documents and Settings\haneefm\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.0.48\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\CustomCellTypes ) in our samples folder. Here is a list of the custom cell types with a minimal description about each.

CustomCellTypes\DateTimePickerCells :
-This sample demonstrates how to implement a DateTimePicker control in the grid cells.
CustomCellTypes\DerivedCellControl Tutorial:
- This sample will give you step by step instructions from deriving cell controls to customizing cell behaviour.
CustomCellTypes\CalendarCells:
- This sample displays a Windows Forms MonthCalendar control in the grid cells.
CustomCellTypes\LinkLabelCells:
- This sample displays custom LinkLabel cells.
CustomCellTypes\PictureBoxCells :
- This sample will show you how to use a Windows Forms PictureBox control.
CustomCellTypes\SliderCells :
-This sample will show you how to use Slider controls.
CustomCellTypes\XhtmlCells :
- This sample will show you how to display XHtml in a grid cell using a sample control.
CustomCellTypes\CellButtons :
- This sample will show you how to use button controls in the grid cells.
CustomCellTypes\GridInCells :
- This sample will show you how to place a grid inside a cell within a grid.
CustomCellTypes\DropDownFormAndUserControl :
-This sample will illustrate how to create a custom cell control that places a DropDown Form/UserControl in a cell.
CustomCellTypes\DropDownGrid :
- This sample will illustrate how to employ a drop down grid control in grid cells.
CustomCellTypes\ButtonEditCells :
- This sample will demonstrate how to place button edit controls in grid cells.
CustomCellTypes\EnhancedNumericUpDownCells :
-This sample employs custom generated EnhancedNumericUpDown Control in grid cells.
CustomCellTypes\ChartCell :
-This sample displays Essential Chart control in grid cells

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon