We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Binding to Interfaces fails

I cannot appear to bind columns to custom data objects without requiring those objects to implement IConvertible. I'd been trying this with my own custom cell type and assumed it was just something I was doing wrong. Now I'm just trying to use a vanilla autocomplete combobox cell and I'm running into the same problem. My combo is populated with objects of "MyCustomType" and the column is bound to a columns with type of "MyCustomType" and I'm getting the "must implement IConvertible" error.

As best I can tell, I think this is related to the fact that the data types of the columns I'm trying to bind to are *interfaces* and not objects. Is the grid somehow counting on each cell being bound to an object (and perhaps it needs access to ToString())? Just a guess, but it seems like my use of interfaces may be influencing the outcome.

Either way, can someone please clarify what *is* and *is not* required when binding columns to custom data objects?

1 Reply

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 30, 2007 11:17 PM UTC

Hi Tod,

You can refer these and let me know if this helps.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=54409
CustomBindObject Documentation

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon