We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

row doubleclick event

Please help guys,

What event do I need to hook into to capture a row or cell doublecklick action.

I also want to capture a Ctrl+Click event, i.e the user holds Ctrl key and clicks on a row or cell in the grid.

4 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 30, 2007 05:35 PM UTC

Hi Nedu,

Issue 1: Double click cell.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You can try handling the TableControlCurrentCellControlDoubleClick Event of the grid and this should work fine.

The problem with the Grid.TableControlCellDoubleClick event is that, the first click of a double click is caught by the grid and the cell is activated and second click is caught by the cell control. This means the cell control thinks this is a singleclick, and does not fire the doubleclick. However, CellDoubleClick will get triggered for the headers. Also refer the below forum thread for more details.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=59817

Issue 2:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You can handle the TableControlCellClick event to detect the control+click in a grid. Please try these code and let me know if this helps.

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellClick(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs e)
{
if( Control.ModifierKeys == Keys.Control )
Console.WriteLine("welcome");
}

Best regards,
Haneef

CH Chinedu May 30, 2007 06:51 PM UTC

Thanks Haneef,

Because of you, I'm beginning to love Syncfusion

DJ Deepika Jain December 29, 2011 02:38 PM UTC

Could you please post the same link again as I am also looking for double click event on syncfusion data grid. I want to show an alert on double click of a row in syncfusion data grid which will show the values in the alert for that particular row. The link that is on the above thread doesn't seem to be working.

MC Mercy C Syncfusion Team January 3, 2012 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Deepika,

Thanks for your update.

Samples in the above link is not available server is changed. Please refer to the following link for sample which illustrates displaying record values in “MessageBox” when double-clicked at any row.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/89169/WindowsFormsApplication17-16170898.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Mercy.C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon