We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hide window contents while moving window.

Hi,

In our application we can have many dockable/floating windows open at the same time. When we are dragging a floating window over another we dont want to see the contents till the user has released the mouse button. Can we have something like shown in the screenshot which is a standard windows functionality. Basically the window contents should not be redrawn till the user releases the window in the new location.

Drag0.zip

4 Replies

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team May 30, 2007 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion.

You can make the dock window transparent when dragging the window by setting the
provider style of docking manager to Standard. By default the Dragprovider style
will set as VS2005.

[C#]
this.dockingManager1.DragProviderStyle =
Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DragProviderStyle.Standard;

Please let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Best regards,
Poly

NM Nitin Mehra June 5, 2007 08:07 AM UTC

Its hiding the window contents alright but there is no docking feature available now. The reason we want this is because I see a trail of the window being dragged if i use the vs2005 (default) setting.

Thanks alot,
regards,
nitin mehra.

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team June 5, 2007 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Nitin,

We can make the drag window dock to a particular side when the DragProviderStyle is set to Standard by moving the window to a particular side.

I have attached a video file that shows the same. Please have a look at it and let me know if this helps you.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F61624/Main.htm

Best regards,
Golda

NM Nitin Mehra June 7, 2007 08:19 AM UTC

Hi,

Its working.

Thanks alot

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon