We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multiple Bar Selection in Group bar Control.

Hi
I have to select multiple bars of a Group bar, here is what is already done.

ExplorerPanel.Controls.Add(TreeViewControl);
GroupBarItem.Client = ExplorerPanel;
GroupBar.GroupBarItems.Add(GroupBarItem);

If now i click on a bar in group bar, the corresponding treeview is shown. Now what i want to do is, When a user clicks on a bar, the previous selected bars item should also be visible to him along with the items items contained in new bar.
Hope i am clear.

Thanks.

6 Replies

AK Abhijeet Kumar May 29, 2007 03:15 PM UTC

>Hi
I have to select multiple bars of a Group bar, here is what is already done.

ExplorerPanel.Controls.Add(TreeViewControl);
GroupBarItem.Client = ExplorerPanel;
GroupBar.GroupBarItems.Add(GroupBarItem);

If now i click on a bar in group bar, the corresponding treeview is shown. Now what i want to do is, When a user clicks on a bar, the previous selected bars item should also be visible to him along with the items items contained in new bar.
Hope i am clear.

Thanks.

My Requirement is something like shown is attached Image. When user clicks Mail bar he should be able to see Mail as well as contents of previously selected Bars. So if next user selects Contacts bar, he will see, Contents of Mail as well as Contacts.

Thanks.

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team May 30, 2007 07:12 AM UTC

Hi Abhijeet,

The current implementation of GroupBar allows the contents of only one selected GroupBarItem to be visible at any given time.

Hence it is not possible to see the contents of all the selected bars at a time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Golda

AK Abhijeet Kumar May 30, 2007 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Golda,
thanks for your Reply. I was just wondering if the latest version (v5.1) has any support for this fetaure, or is there any plans for implementing this fetaure in any recent Releases.
Also it would be great help for me, if you can suggest any workaround for implementing this. I am required to maintain a history of latest visited bars contents.

Regards,
Abhijeet.

>Hi Abhijeet,

The current implementation of GroupBar allows the contents of only one selected GroupBarItem to be visible at any given time.

Hence it is not possible to see the contents of all the selected bars at a time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Golda

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team May 31, 2007 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Abhijeet,

As the image that you have given earlier in this thread is missing, could you please provide it again? This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

Best regards,
Golda

AK Abhijeet Kumar May 31, 2007 08:08 PM UTC

Hi Golda,
I have attached the Picture.

You can think of it simply like, you have opened Microsoft outlook, you see various bars (Mail, Calendar, Contacts, tasks etc.) in GroupBar. Now you click on different bars and its corresponding details is shown to you. in Top panel.
Now my requirement is Suppose you select Mail, you see Mailbox tree in top panel, with Inbox, outbox, Drafts etc in tree view, now you click on Contacts bar, you see details of contacts tab (this is default). My requirement says that when you click Contacts the contents of previously selected bar (in above case inbox) too should be displayed along with contents of Contacts bar.

Regards
Abhijeet..

>Hi Abhijeet,

As the image that you have given earlier in this thread is missing, could you please provide it again? This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

Best regards,
Golda

AppExplorer.zip

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team June 1, 2007 02:46 PM UTC

Hi Abhijeet,

I have attached a sample that shows how to display the content of currently and previously selected GroupBarItem at a time.

Please have a look at it and let me know if this meets your requirement.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/f61572/Main.htm

Best regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon