We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Changing the Text Family

I have a class that inherits from Symbol, and it contains a TextNode, now when ever I try to change the font family of my TextNode it generates problem.

this.textNode.FontStyle.Family = "vivaldi";

plz guide me regarding this issue, I will be thankful to you.
Regards,

6 Replies

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team May 28, 2007 12:32 PM UTC

Hello Ali,

If you are using v5.1 version of Essential Diagram, you should not use Symbol as this class is obsolete in v5.1. Please refer the Diagram samples\Dynamic Symbol sample's MySymbol class constructor that demonstrates how to create custom shape and to add text node to it.

I have tested setting the this.m_textNode.FontStyle.Family = "Impact" and it seems this is working fine.
Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Meera.

FR Faheem Rauf May 28, 2007 12:55 PM UTC

Hi, use "vivaldi" instead of "Impact", and i am using V4.4. plesae check it and let me know, i will be thankful to you.
regards,

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team May 29, 2007 06:35 AM UTC

Hello Ali,

Thanks for the details. I don't have "Vivaldi" font installed. But I have tested with "Vivaldi Italic" font and found that this font style is not getting applied on text node's text. Could you please open a new DT incident with the subject of this forum. So that you can get the status of this issue and follow-up with this through Direc Trac.

Thanks for bringing this issue into our attention.

P.S : All other font names are getting applied fine. Please let me know if you have any more queries regarding this.

Best Regards,
Meera.

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team May 29, 2007 11:33 AM UTC

Hello Ali,

I have downloaded the Vivaldi font and tested this issue. It seems it is working fine. I have created a sample and attached the sample with this post. You can get the sample from the following link - http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F61507/main.htm

Sample Details :

1. Creates custom symbol that has text node as a child node. This is demonstrated in sample's MySymbol.cs class.

2. The text node's text font family uses "vivaldi" type font.

Also please make sure that you have the TextNode.FontStyle.Italic is set to true.

Please look into the sample and let me know if you have any more queries.

Thanks,
Meera.

FR Faheem Rauf May 29, 2007 01:30 PM UTC

Hi, thanks a lot for your help.
How can I check out that “Vivaldi” does not support Regular ? I mean to say that can I trace out that up coming font doesn’t support regular style.

thanks,
regards

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team May 30, 2007 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Ali,

The Vivaldi type of Font is a type of Custom Font.
A particular Custom Font Type supports regular or italic style depending on the way it is manufactured. So kindly contact the manufacturer regarding your query here.

Please let me know if you have further queries.

Thanks,
Ramya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon