We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom Controls In TreeViewAdv

I've been trying to place custom controls into the node of a tree but have been unable to find a solution.

I've seen an example of this being done in the product tour but I have been unable to find any example code.

I have come across some other posts with queries relating to this, and they talk about setting the Node.CustomControl to the control I want displayed, however this is not present. I'm using vb.net 2003 and EssentialStudio 4.3.0.30

3 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team May 25, 2007 07:05 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

In TreeViewAdv, CustomControl addition feature has been implemented with v4.4. It has been improved and modified as Primitives in v5.1. For more details please refer to the v4.4 release notes
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/releasenotes/4.4.0.51/windows/tools.aspx

Could you please upgrade to our latest version v5.1? For more details about v5.1 feature details, please refer to the below link
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/releasenotes/5.1.0.51/windows/tools.aspx

You can download the latest version from the below link:
-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Unlock key:
-----------

If you hold a Syncfusion license with a valid subscription, you can obtain your key for this version by visiting the "Download the latest versions" section within Direct-Trac and clicking on the appropriate key icon. If you're currently evaluating our products or considering renewing an expired subscription, please write to salessupport@syncfusion.com to request a key.

Kindly let me know if this helps you.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S.

RD Richard Davie May 29, 2007 02:17 PM UTC

Now I'm using the 4.4 release version of Essential studio, as this is the first release to allow custom controls for nodes and I don't have a license for 5.1.

When I set a node's custom control to one of my own custom controls (infoPanel) I end up with my control at the top of the tree view as an immobile control. I can scroll around the tree and see all the normal nodes, however my control doesn't move along with it. Am I missing something or do I have to do more programming to make my custom controls move around with the tree?

Are there any sample projects with this functionality, I've seen it as part of the technology tour on the web site however it doesn't exist in the sample projects.

Regards Richard

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team May 29, 2007 08:47 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

We regret for the inconvenience caused. We could see the issue as you mentioned in v4.4. Could you please create a DirectTrac incident with subject line "Custom Controls in TreeViewAdv can't be dragged - F61458". We will send you the bug fix details through our DirectTrac system.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon