We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Displaying popus in Grid cells and Row selection in grid

Hi,

In a web application, we need to show popups and custom editors on clicking a cell in Sycfusion grid.How can we achieve this in syncfusion grid?

Also behaviour of row selection in a grid is not working properly. The row is not highlighted on clicking the row, even though the required code is placed in the event GridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange.
The event is not fired on traversing the rows using mouse or down arrow key.

Appreciate a solution for the above issues at the earliest

Thanks,
Neeraja

4 Replies

VA Valli Syncfusion Team May 24, 2007 02:29 PM UTC

Hi Neeraja,

1. Herewith I have attached a sample, which will help you to display a 'Popup' on double clicking the Grid Cells.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Forum_61308_2288e6b7.zip

By setting 'EnableCallbacks' and 'ShowLoadingIndicatorOnCallback' property to 'True', you can show a popup when the callback is being processed.

Please let us know if it satisfies your requirement.

2. We will update you tomorrow regarding your second requirement.

Regards,
Valli

VA Valli Syncfusion Team May 25, 2007 10:29 AM UTC

Hi Neeraja,

2. I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue 'Row selection in Grid is not working properly'.

Could you please refer our Selection sample which came be obtained from the following location if you had installed our 5.1 version,

MyDocuments/Syncfusion/Essential Studio/Installed Version/Web/grid.grouping.web/Samples/2.0/Selection/SelectionModes.

In the above sample rows can be selected by a click event or by using mouse or arrow keys.

'GridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange' gets fired only when the status of the current record is changed, that is either edited or deleted.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Valli

LD Lakshmi Duvvuri May 25, 2007 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Valli,

Thanks for the response. I have seeen the sample. It disables the grid on opening a popup.

I have attached a screen shot in which you can see a popup shown on clicking the image in a cell. Our requirement is that the grid should have editable cells, on clicking upon a button/image in the cell a pop up should be shown.

Thanks,
Neeraja

>Hi Neeraja,

2. I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue 'Row selection in Grid is not working properly'.

Could you please refer our Selection sample which came be obtained from the following location if you had installed our 5.1 version,

MyDocuments/Syncfusion/Essential Studio/Installed Version/Web/grid.grouping.web/Samples/2.0/Selection/SelectionModes.

In the above sample rows can be selected by a click event or by using mouse or arrow keys.

'GridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange' gets fired only when the status of the current record is changed, that is either edited or deleted.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Valli

grid19.zip

VA Valli Syncfusion Team May 29, 2007 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Neeraja,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Thank you for the attached screen shot.

I am afraid that it is not possible to show the popup on the cell. The popup can be displayed only below the Grid Grouping control as in the attached screen shot.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Grid_PopupDisplay_ade5ae8f.zip

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Valli

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon