We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Re-binding/Refreshing Grid Grouping Control

Hello,

I have a scenario where I have a GridGrouping control bound to a Forms.BindingSource. The binding source data changes, but the GridGrouping control does not show the changes. Therefore what I would like to do in this case is to re-bind the data source to the grid, effectively refreshing it. I try gridGroupingControl1.DataSource = null, and then gridGroupingControl1.DataSource = bindingSource. However, the data in the grid does not change. How can I do this?

Thanks,
-Mike

8 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 22, 2007 05:09 PM UTC

Hi Mikeo,

Here is a forum thread that discuss with the simillar issue and let me know if this helps.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=56040

Best regards,
Haneef

MO Michael Offner May 22, 2007 11:07 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Thank you for your quick response to my question!

I implemented a rebind method per the link. However, I still have the problem that prompted me to write to you.

I have a Forms.BindingSource, of which, the GridGrouping control is bound to. The problem occurs when records are added to the binding source. So if I add 2 records, then click anywhere on the grid control, the grid control adds an additonal record. So the binding source will have 5 records, but the grid will have six. The extra record is an empty record.

Would you by any chance have an idea what this could be? I have a simple demo of this if you would like too.

Thanks,
-Mike

>Hi Mikeo,

Here is a forum thread that discuss with the simillar issue and let me know if this helps.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=56040

Best regards,
Haneef

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 22, 2007 11:53 PM UTC

Hi Mikeo,

If you want to remove the AddNewRow(Blank Row) in the top section of the group, you can set the ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails and ShowAddNewRecordAfterDetails property to false. Here is a code snippet

//For Main Groups
this.grid.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = false;
this.grid.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordAfterDetails = false;

//For Main Groups
this.grid.NestedTableGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = false;
this.grid.NestedTableGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordAfterDetails = false;

//For Child Groups
this.grid.ChildGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = false;
this.grid.ChildGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordAfterDetails = false;

Best regards,
Haneef

MO Michael Offner May 23, 2007 02:12 PM UTC

Thank you Haneef! Those two lines allow me to hide the insertion row.

However, I have one more issue: When I insert a row into my DataBinding source, I get an exception on the grid grouping control. My code is extremely simple. I have nothing but a GCC bound to a Forms.BindingSource. I call BindingSource.AddNew() a few times, and get the exception.

Here is the exception dialog contents:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' occurred in Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll

Additional information: Count = 2 FilteredRecordCount = 0 YAmountCount = 2 ElementCount = 0 RecordCount = 0 CustomCount = 0 VisibleCustomCount = 0 out of range Count = 0 FilteredRecordCount = 0 YAmountCount = 0 ElementCount = 0 RecordCount = 0 CustomCount = 0 VisibleCustomCount = 0

Thanks for your help on this!
-Mike

>Hi Mikeo,

If you want to remove the AddNewRow(Blank Row) in the top section of the group, you can set the ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails and ShowAddNewRecordAfterDetails property to false. Here is a code snippet

//For Main Groups
this.grid.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = false;
this.grid.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordAfterDetails = false;

//For Main Groups
this.grid.NestedTableGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = false;
this.grid.NestedTableGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordAfterDetails = false;

//For Child Groups
this.grid.ChildGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = false;
this.grid.ChildGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordAfterDetails = false;

Best regards,
Haneef

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 23, 2007 06:37 PM UTC

Hi Mikeo,

Please follow the below thread for more details.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=61341

Best regards,
Haneef

PW Perry Way October 30, 2008 07:22 PM UTC

Hi,

I am using web GGC in asp.net2.0 environement. I too had the same issue, but I fixed it like Haneef said.
Now I have another issue with summary rows. My grid has summary row and I am changing grid's datasource at run-time. To re-produce this issue:
Step 1: When I bind DataTable with some/one row(s) as datasource for grid, its showing data with summary row.
Step 2: Next when I bind "null" as datasource for grid, its showing "no records to display". That's correct.
Step 3: Next when I try to bind DataTable with some/one row(s) as datasource for grid, its showing data only. But summary row is missing :(

Can you please let me know, what I am missing? Please find the attached file for more details

Thanks,
Perry

Grid with Summary Rows Export Error_7122606e.zip

PW Perry Way October 30, 2008 07:29 PM UTC

Hi,

I attached wrong file in my previous post. Sorry. Please refer this attached file for more details about the issue.

Thanks,
Perry

>Hi,

I am using web GGC in asp.net2.0 environement. I too had the same issue, but I fixed it like Haneef said.
Now I have another issue with summary rows. My grid has summary row and I am changing grid's datasource at run-time. To re-produce this issue:
Step 1: When I bind DataTable with some/one row(s) as datasource for grid, its showing data with summary row.
Step 2: Next when I bind "null" as datasource for grid, its showing "no records to display". That's correct.
Step 3: Next when I try to bind DataTable with some/one row(s) as datasource for grid, its showing data only. But summary row is missing :(

Can you please let me know, what I am missing? Please find the attached file for more details

Thanks,
Perry

Grid with Summary Rows Export Error_7122606e.zip

Summary Row is Gone Error_7fe7fd83.zip

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team November 3, 2008 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Perry,

The following Forum has been updated for the above mentioned issue:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=77425

Could you please follow-up with the above to get more information on this.

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon