We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Keep xls style

Hi,

When I use an excel template with XlsIO the borders that where in the template always disappear in the final file.

Is there an option to keep them ? Or to keep style when putting variable value in cells ? (I just know insert:copystyles but I don't want to insert cells, I only want something like keepstyle or something that provides an equivalent behavior).

Thanks,
Greg

12 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 23, 2007 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Greg,

Currently by using insert:copystyles option only we can keep the style. Here is the sample using insert:copystyles:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Web/4.4.0.51/61236/main.htm

We do not have any other option to keep style alone. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

AN Anonymous May 23, 2007 02:11 PM UTC

Also you can try to use jump argument
jump:R[1]C:copystyles;
or something like that. This will update position and copy style but will not insert any new row or column

GD gdo May 23, 2007 03:44 PM UTC

Thanks ami !

You saved my life ^^

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 24, 2007 03:39 AM UTC

Hi Ami,

Thanks for the information.

Thanks,
Melba

GD gdo May 24, 2007 08:33 AM UTC

Hi,

I've got another problem. Borders in cells that are not modified just disappear too. Is there a way to fix the borders in the template ?

Thanks,
Greg

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 24, 2007 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Greg,

Could you please provide us a sample that you have used to reproduce this issue or please modify the below sample to reproduce the issue?

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Windows/F61236/main.htm

This would help us in investigating this issue further.

Thanks,
Melba

GD gdo May 25, 2007 08:29 AM UTC

I'm going to try it. But I had a virus alert when unpacking the sample, here the detail :

Detection : W32/HLLP.Philis.ini (Virus)
File : C:\cvset\TestColumnCount\_desktop.ini

Greg

GD gdo May 25, 2007 10:00 AM UTC

I have reproduced the problem based on your sample's code.

To test it, change code to open file "template.xls" for the clean result, and change code to open file "template_bug.xls" to see the template causing problems.

Greg

TestColumnCount.zip

AN Anonymous May 25, 2007 12:34 PM UTC

I'm not sure whether you will fill better after my words, but simple open-save (without applying any marker) of that template_bug.xls makes that mess with your template (at least in my version).

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 25, 2007 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Greg,

Could you please create a Direct-Trac incident with the subject as " Keep xls style_61236"? So that it would be possible for us to provide more details regarding this issue.

Thanks,
Melba

GD gdo May 25, 2007 01:05 PM UTC

>I'm not sure whether you will fill better after my words, but simple open-save (without applying any marker) of that template_bug.xls makes that mess with your template (at least in my version).

Ouch !

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 28, 2007 07:06 AM UTC

Hi Greg,

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon